HTML Above Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO HTML Above Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Hi,

I change the HTML above the calendar often. We have sponsors change and their image gets put above the calendar. Lately, when I change the html and click save the user is not seeing the change on their end (they see the old sponsors’ information) even when I’ve saved and see it on my browser/end. I cleared the caches and told the other person to, but it didnt’ seem to help. Finally, she was able to see her information on end, but it took way too long. Also, I deleted the html above calendar on June 1, and on June 5th old HMTL was still showing up on other people’s browsers. Thoughts? Let me know if you need me to explain more.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you’re running into this issue, but I’ll see what I can do to help. Just to make sure we’re on the same page, you are using the “Add HTML before event content” area under Events > Settings > Display to add this content, correct?

It does sound like a caching issue, and clearing the browser cache was a good step to take. Are you using any caching plugins on your site? If so, I would recommend clearing the cache there as well. I would also recommend taking a look at this article, which has some good information on how caching works with events in general.

Some web hosts do some caching on their end, so you may want to check with them and see what type of settings they have here.

Could you please share your system information with me as well?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Erin Guenterberg
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your email. Yes, I am using the “Add HTML before event
    content” area under Events & Settings & Display to add this content. I
    notice that given different web browers and using desktop v. mobile, that
    sometimes I see the correct graphic and sometimes I see the outdated
    graphic.

I read through the caching article you suggested, although, I still do not
    fully understand caching. The graphic above the calendar changes monthly,
    and I will need it to change on July 1 again. I need to understand how to
    make sure this happens, and how exactly to make sure this happens.

Thank you,

~ Erin Guenterberg
    Lake Country Family Fun
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    [email protected]

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

I understand where you’re coming from…caching is quite complicated! It looks like you are using a caching plugin on your site. Since you are using this, you should clear your cache (from within the plugin) each time you change something on the front end. There are certain actions (like publishing a new post) that will clear the cache automatically, but otherwise you will need to do it manually.

For W3 Total Cache, you can follow these instructions to clear the cache in the plugin. Can you give that a try and let me know if that works for you? To test, you can change the image, clear the cache in the plugin, and then verify that the new image is showing. If you’d prefer to do this in a testing environment, a plugin like WP Staging will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing. It’s always a good idea to backup your site before using plugins like this!

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘HTML Above Calendar’ is closed to new replies.