How to use "Highlighted events" on home page ?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to use "Highlighted events" on home page ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pderathe
    Participant

Sorry for this silly question .. but I’ve read on the forum that “Highlighted events” exist.

I’ve selected “Mettre en avant sur l’affichage du Calendrier” (“Highlight on calendar display”) but I don’t understand how to push this event(s) on my home page.
    Is there a “widget” or something else to publish those hightlighted events on the home page ?

Thanks for your help..
    Pascal

Barry

Hi Pascal,

I wonder if something has been “lost in the translation” here – can you clarify which setting you are referring to?

Could this be the Sticky in Calendar View option which is made available via a small meta box, typically found on the right-hand side of the event editor?

If so, this simply helps to ensure that if you have limited month view to show no more than 3 events in any single day, that the event in question will still display there and not be pushed out of view.

Does that help/clarify things at all?

pderathe
    Participant

I saw this post this post where Annandaleefree explained that she “lost” highlighted events appear on [her] home page.

So I supposed there is a way to “push” highlighted events somewhere on the home page (or another page) with something as a widget or a shortcode.

The only option I’ve found in the event editing page is the box in the right column called “Mettre en avant sur l’affichage du Calendrier” wihch could be translated by “highlight on calendar display” (this is maybe what you call “Stycky in calendar view”) . If it so, I don’t see any highligted thing in the calendar view, nore somewhere in front page or in calendar widget.

Let’s take some examples:

This event (Bobby & Sue on Oct., 2) has the box “”Mettre en avant sur l’affichage du Calendrier” on : http://swp-wp.com/rhinojazz/concert/bobby-sue/

In the calendar view I don’t see anything special : http://swp-wp.com/rhinojazz/concerts/2015-10/

And in the Calendar pro widget nothing special appears : http://swp-wp.com/rhinojazz/test-barre-laterale/

So I precise my request : Let’s say I Have 30 events or more. How to push on the home page (in the main content area, and not necessary in the sidebar area) 4 or 5 events which I want to promote ?

Bets regards

Pascal

Sorry for my english, I’m just french

pderathe
    Participant

I’m answering to my post

By using the “excellent” even rocket plugin (Barry’s made) I can promote events on my home page by using this kind of shortcode [event_embed categories="promo"]

Thanks Barry

Barry

Hi Pascal,

Your English is excellent, no problem there 🙂

I saw this post this post where Annandaleefree explained that she “lost” highlighted events appear on [her] home page.

So it sounds like Annandaleefree was using some sort of custom theme facility for her stream of highlighted events and you could do something similar with our advanced events list widget and set it to show only events in a particular category.

By using the “excellent” even rocket plugin (Barry’s made) I can promote events on my home page by using this kind of shortcode

This is indeed another way of doing it – glad you like the plugin 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to use "Highlighted events" on home page ?’ is closed to new replies.