How to set a featured event & Front end event form

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to set a featured event & Front end event form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kohncreative
    Participant

How to set a featured event to show on home page?

One discussion mentioned using Event Rocket, but Event Rocket does not show in the admin.

Is there any instructions on setting up a featured event to show on home page with an image?

And the front end event form to submit events is an additional $65 plus the cost of the Pro version?

Is that the only way to have a front end event form?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

For the home page if you have Widget Areas you can use any of the Widgets outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/events-calendar-widgets/

You mentioned not seeing the Event Rocket plugin, here is the link to find it and you could add it to your site:

Event Rocket

You can add that plugin to your site and use some of the shortcodes in it to get what you are looking for.

Otherwise we do not have a tutorial to get a featured event and show it on other pages. There is always a custom loop that could be created as with any WordPress post.

The Community Events Add on is the only plugin that has Front End Form to create events and that is in additional to Pro. It is possible you could use something like Gravity Forms or any other form that creates Custom Post Types and use that instead.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

kohncreative
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    So one Featured Event is all custom?
    That’s misleading on the Events Calendar Pro website and disappointing.

I guess what I have set up now will have to do.

Yes, I already have the widget in place as well.

Gravity Forms will work for the event submission form?
    I meant to ask that on the last post.

Support for Gravity Forms has a lot of people having issues with integrating Gravity Forms and the Events Calendar Pro.

My client also wants to enlarge the Google map on each event and that sounds like a major customization by reading the forums.

Thanks anyway.

Brian
    Keymaster

I apologize if you think you were mislead. I looked over our project pages and did not see where we mislead on having a featured event and in our terms of service I believe it is clear that we cannot provide help on customizations beyond the features we have. If you think something is misleading I and the team would appreciate if you could directly point that out so we can fix that and not mislead anyone.

One way to create a “Featured Event” could be to create a featured event category and then create a widget that shows one event from that category and use the title to say Featured Event.

Gravity Forms
    Gravity Forms could work as a event submission, you can use one of the add ons for in on WordPress.org to create a custom post type using a form and then line it up with all the custom fields. We are unable to troubleshoot the entire process, but could help out with a direct question or two about it.

Here is a list of all our Custom Post Types and Custom Fields.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/c2df90a56827dae990a0

Map Resizing
    You can use our Themer’s guide to move and edit event templates including the template with the map in your theme:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

That is one way to edit it.

You can also use this tutorial to filter either the height or width of the map as well:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-change-the-map-height-in-the-single-events-template/

That tutorial also shows you were to edit the map in the template when using the Themer’s guide.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to set a featured event & Front end event form’ is closed to new replies.