How to personalise the appearance

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to personalise the appearance

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    comunicacion_2017
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just purchased Events Calendar PRO and I don’t really know how to manage it. I have already read New User Primers and Customizing Template Files (and many other articles) but I don’t get if it is necessary having knowledge of PHP and CSS to customize my calendar. I thought it was something easy, like choosing your template and adjusting it, but I don’t really achieve to understand how it works.
    I just want to have a calendar like any of these (for example)

Glen Arbor Arts

https://theeventscalendar.com/showcase/barrett-honors-college/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/showcase/christ-church/
    but I don’t find the information on how to begin with it (except of knowing PHP…)

Anyone can help me please? I am pretty desperate…
    Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elsa,

Thanks for reaching out – I’m sorry you’ve had such a hard time getting started!

First, I do want to mention that the theme can have a large impact on the styling of the calendar, especially if you have selected “Skeleton Styles” under Events > Settings > Display > Default stylesheet used for events templates. So, the calendar and events pages can look somewhat different on every site. In the showcase examples you linked to, the themes on those sites are affecting how the plugin displays.

Knowledge of PHP is not required to use/set up the plugin, but it can be used to customize it more than the default settings provide. Per our forum guidelines, we are limited in the amount of support we can provide for styling issues, but I really would like to help you get it set up the way you would like. If you can send me a link to some of the calendar pages on your site and let me know what you would like to change, I’ll be happy to see what I can recommend!

Thanks,

Jennifer

comunicacion_2017
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay.
    I have achieved to run my calendar in the web, but I still have some questions. You can see the main view of my calendar here: http://www.iacs.es/eventos/ and any event detail, for example: http://www.iacs.es/evento/sesiones-clinicas-investigacion-e-innovacion-2017-centro-salud-andorra/

My questions are:

– How to change the text in the detail view to go back to all the events. It appears as “« All Eventos” but I would like to translate it totally into spanish. Same problem in the list view. You can navigate through the events with the text:
    « Previous Eventos
    Next Eventos » and “export Events”.
    I don’t know the place where I should change this.

– How can I personalise the grey square with the details of the event, in the event detail (http://www.iacs.es/evento/sesiones-clinicas-investigacion-e-innovacion-2017-centro-salud-andorra/). I guess I have to touch css, but I don’t know where.

– When importing CSV, the dates are not well recognised. It is well adjust in Settings-Visualisation-Date format (I chose 31/12/2017), but when I import a CSV with a column date in that format, the system recognises it as 12/31/2017. Any way to make it work?

I think that is all for now.
    Thanks in advance

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elsa,

I’m glad you were able to get the calendar up and running!

To customize the gray square, you will need to use CSS. You can target the container using:

.tribe-events-single-section.tribe-events-event-meta.primary.tribe-clearfix {

/* CSS rules here */

}

Depending on what you want to do, you may need to target elements inside the container as well. I took a screenshot for you to help you find the right CSS classes. We are limited in the amount of support we can provide for CSS customizations, but if you have any questions, I’ll see if I can provide some recommendations.

I just took a look at your system info, and it appears you are running older versions of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro…can you try updating to the current versions (TEC: 4.5.12.1 and PRO: 4.4.17) and see if that solves your other two issues? If you do not see a prompt to update in the Plugins section of your WordPress Dashboard, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

comunicacion_2017
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks for your answer.
    Ok for the customization, I am solving it.
    But after installing the last version of the pluggins, I continue on having the same problemas with de dates, and having texts in English (all eventos, for example).
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards
    Elsa

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elsa,

I’m sorry that updating didn’t fix the translation issues. There are a couple of things that could cause strings to not be fully translated:

-There are language files for our plugins under wp-content/languages or wp-content/languages/plugins. In this case, you’ll want to update these files using the POT file with Poedit (Catalog > Update from POT file) or delete these files altogether.

-The language file found in our plugin’s /lang folder is not up to date. In this case, you can get the latest version here and update the file.

If you have any questions on this or run into any issues, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help walk you through it!

Thanks,

Jennifer

comunicacion_2017
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    I am sorry but it is not working. The language file is up to date and the translation is correct (see image). So I don’t really understand why it is translating it badly….
    Thanks and sorry again
    Elsa

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elsa,

So sorry you haven’t been able to get it working! At this point, I would recommend trying the Loco Translate plugin to see if that will work better for you. It does look like the plugin files are up to date based on the screenshot you sent, but if you want to send me a copy of your /wp-content/languages/plugins folder, I’ll be happy to take a look and see if there is anything in there that could be preventing the string from fully translating!

Thanks,

Jennifer

comunicacion_2017
    Participant

Hi, Jennifer, me again, I am sorry. I have tried the loco translate plugin and poedit, and nothing works.
    I send you the folder just in case you can help me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Elsa

El 29/09/2017 a las 23:04, The Events Calendar escribió:

Documento sin título
    Grupo de Comunicación
    Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud (IACS)
    Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Aragón (CIBA)
    Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13 50009 Zaragoza
    Tfno. +34 976 71 6593 – 976 71 6836
    email.
    [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elsa,

I’m so sorry to hear it’s still not working. Unfortunately, the folder did not come through…could you please upload it via Dropbox and include the link here? I’ll be happy to take a look!

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How to personalise the appearance’ is closed to new replies.