How to make flat fee to charge per ticket sold instead of each event in an order

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets How to make flat fee to charge per ticket sold instead of each event in an order

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tac
    Participant

Hi Team,

I had this below request to your team and Brook had kindly assisted with this request. Here’s it:

When we bought this plugin, we thought the ticket fee (both percentage and flat fee) are per ticket sold. We just found out that percentage is charged on the whole amount…. which is OK… but flat fee is only charged per event in the order.

Our pricing structure is x% + 0.y cents per ticket sold. Can you please advise how we can make flat fee field to charge per ticket sold as well?

Link to the original thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-make-flat-fee-to-charge-per-ticket-sold-instead-of-each-event-in-an-order/?action=answer&reply_id=1133291&check=589a7a38efc5606394b9f188d04f6a8f

The snippet plugin provided by Brook: https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/06/tribe-snippet-ct-per-ticket-fee.zip

Now, the issue is that this plugin is charges the amount in the flat fees to even the free tickets.

There should be no charge for free tickets. Can you please help on this?

Thanks in advance.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Tac,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I can try to help out here, but we are limited in supporting customizations.

Per our terms and conditions we support features of the plugins. We usually don’t take on these kinds of customization projects ourselves. However, we do have a list of folks who might be able to help out with some development on your site. Hopefully that list will help you find someone to work on your site.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/Let me know if you have any other plugin issues I can help you with.Cheers,
    Andras

Tac
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your comments but my request is just the extension to what @Brook has already acknowledged and provided a fix for.

Please refer to the original thread and comments from @Brook.

——————————————————————————————–

@Brook
    : Howdy Tac,

I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out about this. It actually sparked a bit of a discussion on our end. We were trying to figure out why we did not originally build it that way, because your assumption makes a lot of sense to us as well. This is a feature we would like to add.

In the meantime I am trying to investigate if I can build a snippet for you that does by filtering ‘woocommerce_cart_calculate_fees’ .I’ll get back to you shortly to see if this is possible, if so I can have a fix for you now rather than a month+ away when we do our next feature release.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

All I am requesting is to kindly tweak the already built snippet by Brook.

The issue is that this plugin is charging the amount in the flat fees to even the free tickets. There should be no charge for free tickets. Can you please help on this?

Appreciate in advance,
    Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Tac,

Thanks for your reply!

Our hands are full at the moment with support issues, which receive priority versus customization.

I quickly talked to Brook and he said he should be able to cook something up by the week’s end. I will reassign this thread to him and he will be in touch with you in a couple of days. We ask for your kind patience and thanks for understanding!

Cheers,
    Andras

Tac
    Participant

Thanks @Andras and @Brook for your support.

I understand and happy to wait, thanks once again.

Brook
    Participant

You are very welcome Tac. I don’t have an updated snippet just yet, but like Andras said we’ll have something by end of day Friday if not before.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Tac,

I am sorry for the delay. We had a significantly higher than normal amount of support than expected after launching Event Aggregator last week. Fortunately not from bugs, but just from new customers.

I have to update my schedule for this a bit, my new goal is to have an updated version of that snippet ready by the end of the day tomorrow.

Cheers!

– Brook

Tac
    Participant

Thanks @Brook, appreciate your help!

Brook
    Participant

Here we go Tac! You can install this new version via the Manual Update process:

tribe-ext-ct-per-ticket-fee-0-2-0

Sorry about the delay. I really wish we had more people interested in this, it’s a feature I would have loved to see baked into Community Tickets. We plan to spotlight it soon as part of our “extensions initiative”, maybe more folks will see it and express interest then?

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make flat fee to charge per ticket sold instead of each event in an order’ is closed to new replies.