How to install upgrade to 4.4.32 on Staging/Dev Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to install upgrade to 4.4.32 on Staging/Dev Site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I just successfully upgraded to The Events Calendar Pro 4.4.32 on my main site, but I get this message on my staging/dev site: “There is new version of The Events Calendar PRO available but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.” How do I “manage installs”?
    bty, BlueHost does not support sites with the tlds you recommend: .dev; .test; .local; .tribe; .staging;
    They set it up for me as “ncbostaging.ncbaroqueorchestra (dot) org”:
    How can I update The Events Calendar Pro to 4.4.32 on the staging/dev site without incurring an additional charge?
    I have read your article: Using One License for Live and Dev Sites and would like to know how to:
    “do a manual update with a latest version from your account’s downloads page”. Can you please tell me how to do this?

Courtney

Hey there

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/ can walk you through a manual update

You could also deactivate the license briefly on the live site (this will not remove data), add it to the staging site, run the updates, and then deactivate it there, and make it live again on the main site.

The plugin will still work if it is activated, but without the license being also activated. All features and functions will continue to work as needed.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I followed instructions to deactivate the license on the main site (ncbaroqueorchestra dot com) and activated it on the test site (ncbostagingsite.ncbaroqueorchestra dot com). I then went to the plugins page, where I saw:
    “There is a new version of The Events Calendar PRO available. Update now to version 4.4.32.” I clicked on that and received the following error message:

Error Message: “Update package not available”
    What did I do wrong? This method sounded so much easier than the alternative of installing it manually.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

Immediately after sending you the previous message, I tried again (4th attempt) and it worked! However, I now have an active license on the test site and not on the main site…how do I get it back? Tried to deactivate on the test site, but still get: “You are using The Events Calendar PRO but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one”. on the main site (ncbaroqueorchestra dot com).
    Is there a time lapse, or something? Or did I forget a step?
    Trying to get this finished before we lose power as result of Hurricane Florence!

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I did forget a step…I forgot to log onto your site to deactivate from the staging site. Did that and the license is back where it belongs…on the main site! Thanks for your help.

Courtney

Hey Barbara

Stay safe through the flooding. I’m glad you got this resolved. I’ll close out this thread for now but let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to install upgrade to 4.4.32 on Staging/Dev Site’ is closed to new replies.