How to import complete event-details?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How to import complete event-details?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Helge
    Participant

The import with the Event-Aggregator works fine so far, but only the first two lines of an event are displayed and cut by a “read more…”-link to the original event source.
    The problem is, that the events are imported from a protected site (social intranet) so that the “read more..” link does not work without username and password. (our social intranet-site generates the webcal-link automatically with an authentification-token, so this is not the problem).
    How can I change the import-behaviour of the Event-Aggregator?

As an example see the event on January 13th “Workshop…” in the calendar on our website calendar. This is the only imported event.

Helge
    Participant

Another user seems to had the same problem. Here’s a copy of his original post that describes my problem in better way:

I try to display the full event in the list view but i dont found a function to do this. The change will be in this line in the single-event.php file:

<!– Event Content –>
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_before_the_content’ ) ?>
    <div class=”tribe-events-list-event-description tribe-events-content”>
    <?php tribe_events_get_the_excerpt( null, wp_kses_allowed_html( ‘post’ ) ); ?>
    ” class=”tribe-events-read-more” rel=”bookmark”><?php esc_html_e( ‘Find out more’, ‘the-events-calendar’ ) ?> »
    </div><!– .tribe-events-list-event-description –>
    <?php

tribe_events-get_the_excerpt its the line i supposed to be replace for the_content(); what function is this in the events calendar to replace the excerpt with the full event informatiĆ³n.

Cliff

Hi, Helge.

Could you please provide me these 3 URLs:

1. The URL you’re importing via Event Aggregator
    2. A link to one of the events this is happening for — a link to the source
    3. And this imported event’s link on your site (after imported via Event Aggregator)

Thank you.

Helge
    Participant

This reply is private.

Helge
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

it’s me again. I found following post. Coulkd thar be a possible solution for me?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/display-full-event-content-rather-than-excerpt-in-list-view/#post-1099380

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to import complete event-details?’ is closed to new replies.