Display full event Content rather than Excerpt in List View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display full event Content rather than Excerpt in List View

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

Hi, guys! I know I’m late to the party, but I finally got around to upgrading to Version 4. My problem is that I need to display the entire Event Content, rather than the Excerpt in the Calendar List view (http://oldboldpilots.com/meetings/). In the past, I’d always done this with a customized list/single-event.php template changing “the_excerpt()” to “the_content()”.

Unfortunately, it looks like the new template doesn’t allow for such a quick and easy tweak. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Looks like you had a blast on the team trip this year. Makes me nostalgic for 2014!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Kelly. Reason: "Code" didn't display as expected
    George
    Participant

Hey Kelly!

The 2014 trip was before my time here at Tribe, but I don’t doubt it was a blast—thanks for the kind words about the trip this year, too. Hope all is well!

In regards to your question, at this time the only solid way to go about replacing excerpts with full content is still manually edit the template files.

To find any location where the excerpt is being used, I would recommend getting a text editor like Sublime Text—just any editor that has the common “Find in Folder” feature, which is shown in this screenshot:

If you then search for tribe_events_get_the_excerpt(), you’ll find all of the places where this function is used—which generates the excerpts.

You could then replace any instance of this:

echo tribe_events_get_the_excerpt();

with this:

echo apply_filters( 'the_content', get_the_content( get_the_ID() ) );

Here’s an example of the current version of list/single-event.php with that above modification made: https://git.io/vVKmz

Cheers,
    George

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, George! That worked like a charm. I really appreciate the swift assistance!

George
    Participant

Cheers! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Display full event Content rather than Excerpt in List View’ is closed to new replies.