How do i display how many tickets are left?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How do i display how many tickets are left?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

I tried https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/where-is-the-settings-to-show-how-many-tickets-are-left/ but it does not work. What fold “exactly” to i put it in? ‘themes’ folder or ‘the themes’ folder? In my case that would be the Avada theme folder?

Also, is there some sort of activation? Some button i’m looking for? Do i need to switch something on? What exactly am i looking for once i follow the instructions? How does WooTickets know it’s supposed to look in the events folder for something?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tommy.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tommy.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Cliff.
    Cliff

Hi Tommy. Thanks for your question.

Sorry the forum thread you found didn’t work for you. It’s from 2012 and things have changed since then.

Could you please try the code found at this thread from earlier this year? https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/display-how-many-tickets-are-left-or-in-stock/#dl_post-944613

Please let me know if that accomplishes what you’re wanting. If not, I’ll do my best to assist you further.

Tommy
    Participant

Hey Cliff thanks for helping me out here. That post confuses the hell out of me. I require more detailed steps in order for me to understand what i am supposed to be doing. Cheers

Cliff

Tommy, sorry the post I linked to wasn’t clear enough for you.

That post provided a code snippet and screenshot of it in action and specified which hook it used to output it to the page.

It’s already a bit beyond our scope of support Terms so I won’t be able to provide you with how-to information beyond what was included in that post.

If needed, a developer of your choice should be able to quickly implement the code available at the link I provided you.

If there’s something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding. You are a valued customer.

Tommy
    Participant

Gezuz christ guys… all i need to know is what to do with that code man… can’t you event do that? There is no instructions on where to put that code? I feel you can help me but you are choosing not to. Can you at least tell me whether to create a ‘themes’ for that file or put it in ‘the themes’ folder? Which in my case is “Avada” theme?

Any help would be extremely helpful as i mentioned above what i did and it didn’t work so what have i done wrong?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Tommy.
    Tommy
    Participant

Also, you closed that 2012 thread so i can’t even reply to other members and get advice off them……. Whats the point of that? At least go reopen that thread so i can ask other people since you are refusing help

Cliff

Hey man. Sorry to frustrate you and that you had trouble with getting this implemented. Hopefully I can make you happy with a little extra help just for you. No worries, my friend. 🙂

I added a few tweaks. Plus, I made it into an installable plugin.

Here’s a screenshot of what it adds to a single event selling tickets via WooCommerce Tickets add-on:

TEC Woo Forum Post 1009509

Here’s a .zip file you can download, install, and activate on your site: http://cl.ly/3w190E1S0o3R

Please let me know whether or not this worked well for you.

I hope it does!

Tommy
    Participant

Wow you made a plugin? I feel special and a little guilty.. It worked though! I unzipped the .zip file, then copied the folder to my plugins directory, activated the plugin and it worked. I suppose it would still work if you uploaded it directly through the plugins area.

Bro what you need to do now is go back to all those other threads about this, and add your last reply you made here to those threads for all future readers to have this issue solved.

The whole problem with people offering help in forums is that people tell you what needs to be done but don’t tell you how to do it. They give you a code to add to your functions.php but don’t tell you where exactly in the functions.php we have to place it. There are always things left out because they assume a level of skill in present in the reader. Coupled with the fact that they might not even have the software to open and edit a .php file anyhow… I use TextWrangler on mac

When leaving support, everyone must assume the reader has 0 knowledge and explain a step by step, fail proof method but that hardly ever happens.. So with me, i’m not a 0 knowledge reader and i still had issues.. So that is saying something about the instructions that were provided.

All people need to do it create a full explanation, step by step instructions once that covers all basis so people can read it for ever in the future. But this isn’t a perfect world i guess.

Cliffy thanks for the time you’ve spent. I hope this serves well for future questions on this topic.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Tommy.
    Cliff

You’re welcome. I’m glad it worked for you!

Yup, installing it like a regular plugin would work — because it is a regular plugin. 🙂

I appreciate your suggestions for how we handle support; I’ve passed them along. Our scope of support is that we do not provide customizations so when we do go above and beyond anyway (especially when we know it can benefit multiple users), providing a code snippet is often sufficient. Sometimes it’s not though, and that’s understandable.

Again, I’m very glad it’s working well for you.

Mindy Helstab
    Participant

Perfect timing! Thanks Cliff. Works perfectly.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Mindy Helstab.
    Geoff

Awesome, glad that’s working for you as well, Mindy! Thanks for chiming in and letting us know. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread since it seems Cliff covered the issue, but please do feel free to hit us up if you have any other questions–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How do i display how many tickets are left?’ is closed to new replies.