How to get the right format / url for events at ical and google

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How to get the right format / url for events at ical and google

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi Bill,

I’m sorry we haven’t gotten any further.

Maybe we need to add support for the mime type for the files. Can you please confirm this with the plugin support so we can investigate further on our end?โ€

Just in case you missed it, I did answer in my last reply that the text/calendar mime type must be allowed.

Barry

…As a quick follow up, please note we’ll do our best to reach out to the good folks at Copyblogger and do some testing of our own if we can ๐Ÿ™‚

Barry

Hi Bill,

Thanks first of all for all your patience.

Copyblogger were really helpful here and provided us with a testing environment in which we could replicate the problem. It seems that the way things are configured there prohibits some types of communication with other websites and services, and that is why you are unable to import anything.

I should be clear, however, that the way they have configured things is not unreasonable by any means. What I’ve done therefore is this:

• I have requested that they make an exception in your case (and allow the loading of remote content through fopen() wrappers) however it’s not impossible they will decline and they would be in their rights to do so
    • We have identified some changes we can make to workaround this problem and we will try to move ahead with that in the next release cycle
    • You’ve been extremely patient through all this and we really appreciate that … however, it also means you have paid for a license key for a product you cannot use – with that in mind I have extended the license expiry by an additional year which I hope will allow you to get value from it

Right now there isn’t too much more we can do except wait a) to see if Copyblogger/Synthesis might be able to accommodate a short term change on their end and b) for our own improvement/fixes to roll out in an upcoming release.

We’ll do our very best to keep you updated as things progress on our end and of course please feel free to reach out with any questions in the interim.

Barry

Hi again Bill,

Unfortunately Copyblogger/Synthesis cannot change their system to provide short-term relief on this occasion, but as above we’ll make some changes in the iCal Importer code and will keep you posted when we have done so.

Thanks again!

Bill
    Participant

Thanks, Barry. Copyblogger says they can support cURL but not the current version. See comment below from them. I will hang in there with you guys. Let me know when you have a beta to test.

The sad new is that we really can’t make the exception to enabled exec()/fopen(). There is just too much risk for the security of the server to enable it, so we will not be able to accommodate this request.

We’ve had a number of requests for it and our System Admins have remained firm on the decision to leave it disabled.

We do support CURL as an alternative to url_fopen. So if they can recode parts of the plugin to use cURL instead of fopen(), that is a better option.

Barry

Hi Bill,

That’s essentially what we’ll be doing (albeit, rather that switching exclusively to cURL we will use the WordPress HTTP API – which essentially picks the best available option in any given environment).

I’ve linked this topic to the matching bug report (on our internal tracker) and as soon as there’s an update we’ll let you know. Realistically, at this point, that probably isn’t going to mean the fix will be in the very next release, which is already in the final stages of preparation, but the subsequent release.

Thanks again for your patience and support while we address this ๐Ÿ™‚

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to report back to you on the status of this issue. Your report is tracked in our internal system and a fix is on our to-do list, but we were not able to fit it into our upcoming 3.12 release. Please know that the issue is still very much on our radar and we will be working on it for a future release. We appreciate your patience while we work to improve our plugins. Thank you for using The Events Calendar!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Bill
    Participant

Thanks. Just keep me posted and let me know if/when you want me to possibly beta when it’s soup.

Barry

Appreciated, Bill – we’ll definitely keep you posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there, Bill! Just a heads up thatย iCal Importer 3.12.2ย  shipped just minutes ago and included a fix for the issue you reported here. Please do check it out and make the update!

Thanks for your support. ๐Ÿ™‚

Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘How to get the right format / url for events at ical and google’ is closed to new replies.