How to customize to maket it look like exmaple

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to customize to maket it look like exmaple

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Amaury Santillán
    Participant

Hi guys. I need to make a page looks like this: https://www.beinghuman.com.au/events

So im using this shortcode: [tribe_events_list phone=”yes” address=”yes”]

So there are items missing:

1. The featured image
    2. The filter at the top
    3. The option to set a new tag that displays “closed” or “opened” This one is a requierement, and I understand it maybe not viable.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Amaury and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would love to help you with this topic.

By the looks of it, you are trying to create a custom view.
    That is totally cool and encouraged. In fact, we have built the plugin to make that relatively easy to do.

The best way to achieve this is to look at the elements you want to integrate in your custom view in other views and literally “steal” the code from these views.

In your example:

1. The featured image can be seen in the complete list view (not the advanced list view widget) and the code borrowed from there
    2. The new tag might be an event tag or a new custom field (from the Events Calendar Pro). Either way, the both display in the single-event view. So you need to steal from there.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

This leaves use with your last requirement, the filter at the top.
    You have 2 ways to go about that:

1. You could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/04b7bbe6e7d9009aec12acc0b9bd5bdd#file-functions-php
    2. Instead of embedding the advanced list widget, you could embed AND customize a full calendar view that contains the tribe-bar https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Amaury Santillán
    Participant

Amazing Geoff.

Thats look a little tricky. Im gonna take a look forward and try to make it.

Will ne in touch.

Greetings

Geoff B.

Good evening Amaury,

Awesome.
    It is actually much simpler than it looks once you get started.

Give it a shot and run your experiments by me if you want (probably via your theme files).
    We do not provide full customization support, but we love pointing people in the right direction and getting them started on the right track.

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Amaury Santillán
    Participant

Hi Geoff.

Well, Im sure its easy, but not quite sure to try it right now.

Anyway. Maybe we can try something easier.

1. Is there a way to add a category filter to the tribe bar?

2. This new filter, Could it be as a drop down menu?

3. Cpuld we make the location filter also drop down menu?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Amaury,

Thank you for writing back.

I totally understand. My invitation still stands though.

1. Is there a way to add a category filter to the tribe bar?

Yes. You can do that (and much more) with our Filter bar add-on: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-filterbar/

2. This new filter, Could it be as a drop down menu?

Yes.

3. Cpuld we make the location filter also drop down menu?

You could probably do that with a bit of customization. But most of our users decide to use one or many of the additional filters that come with filter bar (city, state/province, country)

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customize to maket it look like exmaple’ is closed to new replies.