How to customize /envents/

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to customize /envents/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rainer Klar
    Participant

I searched for more than 1 hour and didn’t find any answer for this issue.
    When I click on “All events” on any single event page, a page <domain-URL>/envents/ opens.
    As you see in the attached screenshot the design is very poor and uncomplete.
    1. The content is too close to the navigation-bar.
    2. “Your Logo” seems to be a placeholder.
    3. The first lines seem to be unformated buttons or something like that:

Suche Veranstaltungen Verstaltungsansicht Navigation Anzeigen als Monat Tag Foto Datum Suche Anstehende Veranstaltungen Veranstaltungen Listennavigation

I don’t need these Lines. The first useful content starts with the blue-colored “Nächste Veranstaltungen » ” (“Next events”).

How can I change this? Where have I to insert my own logo instead of “Your logo”? At the moment I’m using a custom header without my logo.

4. When I click on the “Next page”-button, I get a 404-message. Page not found. Why that?

Thank you for your answer!

kind regards,
    Rainer

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Rainer Klar. Reason: added top 4 to list
    Rainer Klar
    Participant

Here is a screenshot for Top 4 in my 1. post:

Courtney

Hello Rainer

I’m sorry your having this problem.

There are a few things we can try.

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

What you are seeing for the Logo area seems to be related to your theme, and not something I’ve observed before.

Test how your /events page looks when you change these settings: Events » Settings » Display »

Default stylesheet used for events templates

& Events template.

display templates

A few more tips to style your site include:

1. Start by modifying what you can at Appearance » Customize » The Events Calendar.
    2. Typically, don’t change the theme or plugin’s css files, they will be overwritten on updates. To avoid this, follow the steps outlined in Themer’s Guide
    3. Use overriding CSS files, or add CSS to your site using Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS.
    4. Use !important before a semicolon to override every css rule. It’s a brute force method, but works for quick fixes.
    5. Please check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video in addition to our Using Chrome Developer Tools tutorial on how to easily make changes using CSS.

Please let me know how you make out with these.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Rainer Klar
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thank you!
    your suggestion to try the standard theme brought the solution. But even more simply: It was OK immediately after changing back to Genesis theme. Nothing to do.
    All is fine now!

kind regards,
    Rainer

Courtney

Thanks Rainer, I’m happy to hear that worked for you.

Courtney 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customize /envents/’ is closed to new replies.