How to create an event with tickets not using calender

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to create an event with tickets not using calender

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to create an event that has some tickets and i would like to have these tickets not to be appearing in calender. This could be a product in woocommerce or a post. How to achieve this?

Geoff B.

Good evening Ilkka and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

There are a couple of ways to achieve this:

1. As you mentioned, you can attach the tickets to any post type (event, page, post, etc…). To do so, head over to Events -> Settings -> Tickets and make sure to select the appropriate checkboxes.Once that is done, you can access the tickets by accessing that post. To hide that post, you simply need to use the “private” post status.
    2. You could create a ticket in the event and use a start and end sale date that coincides with the event date. This way the ticket will be available as a WooCommerce product in the backend, but will not appear in the front-end.
    3. You can create a normal ticket in the event and then hide it using CSS specific to that event.Something like:
      .postid-46 #tribe-events-content div.cart, .single-tribe_events #tribe-events-content form.cart {
      display: none !important;
      }

Of course you will need to replace that with the postid of your event.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

If i add tickets to post how can i attach an event dates, organiser and venue to this non calendar ticket type?

Or could i achieve this by doing it: 1. create event 2. add tickets 3. hide the calendar 4. show all tickets available for this category in one page (like single event view).

The point is that i would like to show the tickets in front end but not in calendar view. Still having some event categories in month view.

It might be difficult to follow what i am looking for. But hope you understand what i am looking for.

ilkka

Geoff B.

Good evening Ilkka,

Thank you for writing back.

If i add tickets to post how can i attach an event dates, organiser and venue to this non calendar ticket type?

Great question. Since this is a “cheat event”, you will have to populate that information manually in the content area of the post. In other words, you do not get the same event functionality as you would from an event post type, but you can fake it.

Some people even fake it using a plugin such as Advanced Custom field.

Or could i achieve this by doing it: 1. create event 2. add tickets 3. hide the calendar 4. show all tickets available for this category in one page (like single event view).

The first 3 steps are fairly easy to put in place.

Showing all tickets from a category on one page however is likely to require some customization on your end.

You can read about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/customizations/

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

If you made the WooCommerce tickets created visible AND assign them a common category, you could most likely list them via a WooCommerce shortcode (with a category filter).

The downside being that you will loose all of Event Tickets Plus’ functionalities (attendee info, etc..) if the ticket is purchased directly as a WooCommerce product.

What you could also do would be to list only events of a certain category using the Events Calendar Pro’s shortcodes (with a category filter):

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

So to summarize, showing specific events of a specific category (that contains tickets is easy). However, listing tickets directly will require customization.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. So you are saying that the post content should be appearing on the ticket?

The only information i get from the post to the ticket is post header and associated ticket name, not the actual content of the post. Would you have some suggestions why i do not get the post content to the ticket?

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Ilka,

Actually this is not what I am saying. Let me clarify what I mean.

Your goal: Create tickets that are not showing up on the calendar but that are still tied to an event.

Solutions:

1. Create normal events AND tickets, but hide the tickets using:
      1. CSS for those specific events
      2. A start sale date far in the future
    2. Fake it by removing the tickets completely from any actual the Events Calendar event. This means:
      1. Creating a normal event WITHOUT a ticket
      2. Creating a normal post that “looks” like the event and is a “copy” of the normal event but that is “private”. The sole purpose of this post is to contain your tickets.
    3. Decide to loose the typical Event Tickets Plus functionalities for those specific events and just use normal WooCommerce virtual products instead. This means:
      1. Not creating a ticket
      2. Not having attendee reports
      3. Not being able to ask additional attendee data
      4. No QR code and attendee check-in

In other words, you will be going fully manual

So in the end, each solution has pros and cons.

You will probably need to experiment with these to find out which one works best.
    Personally, I would simply hide the tickets with CSS on specific events

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I have done some experimenting and the post with tickets seems to be my solution.

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Ilka,

I am super glad to hear that this will work for you.

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How to create an event with tickets not using calender’ is closed to new replies.