How to add public holiday into the calendar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to add public holiday into the calendar?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Terrance

Hi,
    I will like to know if it’s possible to add non click-able Public Holiday on the calendar. So that user will know which Public Holiday is near each event.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

This is a good idea. Not out of the box, but let me see if there are any somewhat easy hacks to get this done. I’ll get our dev Jonah to respond.

Terrance

Great Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Terrence,

My first thought would be to add it via jQuery but I don’t know if that’s the best approach. Let me check with some of the other team and get back to you.

Regards,
    Jonah

Terrance

Great, Thanks Jonah.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Terrance,

Are you comfortable adding folders/files to your theme and editing PHP? If so, I could write a walkthrough, but it’ll take a few steps to get this working as the link is hardcoded in the table (and list) view, and there’s currently no easy way to target those links via CSS or JQuery (based on event specific meta data, at least).

Peter
    Participant

If/when you can accommodate rss feeds *coming in* to ECP, you’d have this problem solved, by just locating an existing online rss feed of public holidays and subscribing to said feed.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Peter,

Yes that’d certainly be the most elegant solution. Have you suggested that in the feature requests thread?

Terrance

Ah, subscribing to the online rss feed for public holidays is nice. Does it make it into the feature list? 🙂

Rob

Hey Terrance. If you post suggestions to our existing feature requests thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-feature-requests/), they’ll all be brought to the table when we meet as a team to discuss future releases. Fire away!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add public holiday into the calendar?’ is closed to new replies.