How to activate ticket fieldsets?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How to activate ticket fieldsets?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    annlen
    Participant

Dear Team,

In the process of selling tickets we need to collect birth day and extra information form our clients.

I have added few ticket fieldsets but I am not sure how to add them to the tickets? Should they appear automatically?

If there also an option to add dependencies in them ( depending on what was chosen in one- the other may or may not display?)

We have found perfect solution for this by using Woocommerce checkout field editor pro – but it looks like there may be a conflict with your plugin and the fields are not validated – so the users are unable to purchase at all.

Best,
    Anna

annlen
    Participant

Dear team, I have managed to add extra filed , but what we can see now is that if we make a ticket for one language version and we simply translate it, users are able to purchase the tickets in all language versions and correctly they are going from one woocommerce product, but the extra fields are not displaying – they are created as translations for other language versions. We are using WPML.

How we can make our extra field appear in all language version while keeping the event stock linked just to one product – to ensure we do not overbooking?

Geoff B.

Good evening Anna and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I have added few ticket fieldsets but I am not sure how to add them to the tickets? Should they appear automatically?

The following article gives you the breakdown on a to use a pre-saved ticket fieldset: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/collecting-attendee-information/

You can also create the fieldset on the fly.

If there also an option to add dependencies in them ( depending on what was chosen in one- the other may or may not display?)

Not at this point, but please cast your vote as well as look at the temporary workaround we offer here: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/16633027-conditional-fields

We have found perfect solution for this by using Woocommerce checkout field editor pro – but it looks like there may be a conflict with your plugin and the fields are not validated – so the users are unable to purchase at all.

The fields from Event Tickets Plus are actually not related to WooCommerce at all (hence the fact that they are not being validated beyond what is built-in for Event Tickets Plus – format, required or not).

The first thing you should know is that we do not fully support Event Tickets Plus integration with WPML yet: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

This feature is scheduled to be released in 2018 if all goes well.

In the meantime, you could get it to partially work, but this is unsupported.

To achieve that, you will need:

1. WooCommerce multilingual
    2. Some manual intervention

After creating the ticket AND saving the event, head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

1. Clearing WPML cache
    2. Using the button that forces language assignment to items (which is what is creating the issue). This can also be accomplished by deactivating and reactivating WPML.

Your ticket will now magically appear.

The only downside is that the tickets you create in other languages are not really translations of the initial ticket. They are completely independent new tickets.

With that in mind, some of customers have managed to customize their installs quite a bit and get things to work nicely according to their reports.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to activate ticket fieldsets?’ is closed to new replies.