How do you stop an ICS import?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How do you stop an ICS import?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sheri Miller
    Participant

I was on Time.ly and we are moving here. Went to import the ICS calendar from Time.ly and it is importing 8k events. There aren’t that many in there. Plus they are ugly – no images and no tags, nothing. How do I stop or undo this?

Cliff

Yikes! Sorry to hear that.

We’ve heard of some other users experiencing duplicating imports, primarily with Google Calendar iCal feeds though.

Event Aggregator’s code is part of The Events Calendar plugin so you could deactivate The Events Calendar, but I’m unsure of the implications it may have.

I’d also recommend taking a peek into WP’s cron–like with WP Crontrol plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-crontrol/ or an alternative (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)–and seeing if there’s anything odd or leftover in there that doesn’t match Event Aggregator’s scheduled imports settings.

Please let me know what you find out.

Sheri Miller
    Participant

We now have 7k events that are all useless and it is STILL importing. How do I get rid of them?

Another fun thing happened – for some reason we now have 1700 Facebook import feeds. We only had about 20 set up!

No idea what the cron is or what it does but here is what the plugin says is happening:

five_minutes_interval 300 (5 minutes) Once every five minutes
    jetpack_sync_interval 300 (5 minutes) Every 5 minutes
    minutes_10 600 (10 minutes) Every 10 minutes
    tribe-every15mins 900 (15 minutes) Every 15 minutes
    every_30mins 1800 (30 minutes) Once Every 30 Mins
    hourly 3600 (1 hour) Once Hourly
    twicedaily 43200 (12 hours) Twice Daily
    sitemap-interval 43200 (12 hours) Sitemap Interval
    daily 86400 (1 day) Once Daily
    wpo_daily 86400 (1 day) Once Daily
    weekly 604800 (1 week) Once Weekly
    wpo_weekly 604800 (1 week) Once Weekly
    wpo_otherweekly 1209600 (2 weeks) Once Every Other Week
    wpo_monthly 2592000 (1 month) Once Every Month

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Sheri Miller.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Sheri Miller.
    Cliff

So sorry about that.

Please look in your wp_posts database table for a post_type like “tribe-ea-record” or a post_status of something like “tribe-ea-pending”

You can also search for a post_title like “schedule ics weekly”, “schedule gcal weekly”, etc.

Please make a full database backup (and send it to us here in a Private Reply) and then, as you determine, delete from wp_posts.

Again, it might help to deactivate The Events Calendar to deactivate some things.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Sheri Miller
    Participant

I gave up and moved back to Time.ly. You can close these – I just need the refund.

Cliff

I’m so sorry this was your experience. It looks like your refund was already processed. If not, please complete our Refund Request Form and link back to this thread for reference.

You’re welcome to try us again in the future if you’d like.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How do you stop an ICS import?’ is closed to new replies.