How do I set up Map View in EC Pro?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How do I set up Map View in EC Pro?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I have been using EC for a year. Just upgraded to Pro. Want to set up map view. All our events (concerts) are in SE United States. Have venues set up in EC, but do not want to display all of them! Just the venues where upcoming concerts will be held. Couldn’t find documentation for this.

Cliff

Hi. By default, Map View does display upcoming events.

Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/ if you need to get things setup.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I tried to follow instructions as per the link you provided…3 or 4 times! I keep getting stuck at the same screen (see screenshot). There is a check mark beside “API enabled”. That sounds good, but don’t I need an API number (or code)? and if so, where do I put it on the site? I don’t think I ever provided Google with the URL of my site, just the project name “NCBO”!

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

OK, I have my API key and have put it where it needs to go. I read the article you recommended in the Knowledgebase…which seems to be about troubleshooting, not how to set it up! The screenshot below is from the website of LittleWashingtonNC dot com. They show venues in various categories: places to eat, stay, etc. We only have one category: Concerts! And our area of operation is the SE United States: NC, SC, VA, (with occasional visits to CA!) I would like to put a button on my side menu for Concert Venues, and either show the dates of the concerts on the map directly or have them accessible with a click. How do I do this?

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I think the answer is shortcode: “tribe_events…etc” Found it once but can’t find it again. Anyway, how do I add it to my sidebar menu or should it be a widget on the sidebar? This is the reason we upgraded to Pro…would like to see it work! I assume that once it is in place, it will show a map of venues for upcoming events (with a setting to limit the time/area of these events)? Would like to limit it to all events to end of 2018, within our timezone (or 3 states). Thanks,

Cliff

This reply is private.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

I think this is what you mean? Enable Google Maps is checked. No way we can afford a developer or whatever. We are a small startup orchestra…lol! I’m the “techie” and this is my first site! Just want to set up the map view…standard way. I saw the LittleWashingtonNC site and recognized EC Pro and thought it would be good for our site. Nothing fancy…just tell me the easiest way. Thanks, Cliff. btw “Find Events” in Calendar view doesn’t work. Is that the same issue?

Cliff

If you agree, please provide me administrator-level login credentials in a Private Reply (which cannot be done via email).

Although I will not be modifying any settings, before sharing credentials, please ensure you have restorable database and file backups.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

ncbaroqueorchestra
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I set up Map View in EC Pro?’ is closed to new replies.