How can I stop an import that is completely hammering my server!

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator How can I stop an import that is completely hammering my server!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

When i went to import an ics file with 800 events (~150 recurring) the preview said that I had over 14,000 events. I naively choose to do the import because I thought the aggregator was counting all the recurring event dates. Now i can’t stop the import or kill the cron. As suggested in other replies on this forum, I also tried removing the license keys, deactivating plugins, etc.

Please help me stop this crazy thing. I’m willing to delete all EC data or if I had instructions on how to delete the sql row/column/blob data related to the cron i’d do that. : (

Cliff

Hi, Anthony. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

We have it on our radar that a Cancel/Abort button might be useful for situations like this, but such functionality does not exist yet.

Please make sure you’re using the latest version of The Events Calendar.

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you by removing the EA license key. It’ll have to finish the job it’s processing but after that, any scheduled imports shouldn’t be working due to the lack of an entered license key.

You might want to check with your web host about viewing/killing any running processes from your site, but please note this could cause unintended negative consequences as well.

Please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Also, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Anthony
    Participant

Yes a cancel/abort button would be a welcome addition. I actually did a complete uninstall/reinstall of wordpress and its databases.

Cliff

I’m sorry you got to this point with your site.

Is there anything more I can help you with on this topic?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I stop an import that is completely hammering my server!’ is closed to new replies.