How can I send _EventStartDate to GravityForms?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How can I send _EventStartDate to GravityForms?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pinkgerbil
    Participant

Hi – I am using TECPro with an embedded Gravity form to allow people to send a note expressing their interest in the event.

Gravity forms has the ability to put a custom field into the form. When you do this you can select from all the available custom fields from the plugins you have installed (including _EventDate from a competitor event plugin).

TECPro documentation lists custom fields and I can see there is one called _EventStartDate however this doesn’t show in a list of my custom fields and it doesn’t work if I add it manually.

Can anyone help?

Cliff

Hi. My first thought was that the leading underscore in the custom field name would cause Gravity Forms to not see the hidden field. However, their old support forums said their plugin can see the fields that get hidden from the wp-admin custom field metabox.

Therefore, this support thread — https://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/existing-custom-fields-not-being-recognized — might have the best advice: just manually create/enter the custom field name and then try out the form and everything should work as expected.

However, our plugin stores datetime data in a very specific format, so make sure that Gravity Forms is saving data in the format our plugin requires to work properly.

If you’re asking about Gravity Forms because you’re wanting front-end event submissions, we sell Community Events, which would make Gravity Forms unneeded (at least for this purpose).

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I send _EventStartDate to GravityForms?’ is closed to new replies.