How can I re-send tickets on an order?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How can I re-send tickets on an order?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

A customer claims she never received an email with her tickets included. I’d like to re-send the tickets. I’ve tried using the Order Actions > Tickets dropdown item, but it just says “Order updated and email sent.” and the customer never receives an email. Is there another way to trigger a re-send of the tickets? Is there a way to troubleshoot the emails that go out to make sure it’s not something on our website’s end?

Geoff

Hi there, Rob!

Thanks for reaching out. Good question–emails could get held up for a number of reasons. Let’s cover a few bases:

• Is it possible the emails are actually being sent, but are being automatically placed in recipients’ trash/junk folders?
    • Are order receipts successfully being sent for non-ticket purchases?
    • If the answer above is no, what happens if you temporarily deactivate WooCommerce Tickets and place an order then – do the emails come through?
    • If they don’t come through for non ticket-purchases, whether or not WooCommerce Tickets is active, perhaps there is some other conflict blocking WooCommerce or stopping wp_mail() (the part of WordPress that sends emails) from working?
    • Ultimately, would you be able to run through our standard troubleshooting steps – but be sure not to deactivate WooCommerce itself – and see if you can uncover any conflicts?

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Rob
    Participant

It’s just certain orders. Not all of them. Other people are getting their tickets emailed to them just fine. I tried it just now with a test order and it got to me. We’ve asked the users to add us to their contacts, check spam/junk, and even to search for our subject line and email address in all of their emails. The point is, I ought to be able to generate a re-send of an email but currently the system appears to allow it, but doesn’t execute in all cases. I’m wondering what set of circumstances might be causing that particular behavior.

Geoff

Hi Rob,

That’s certainly odd that using the resend ticket option from the WooCommerce order would work in some cases but not in others.

Is it that some orders do not send any tickets at all to anyone, no matter how how many times you try resending tickets? Or is it that some people are not receiving the tickets on an order but other people are?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Rob
    Participant

Some people aren’t receiving the tickets on an order but other people are. When I try to send it to one of our own email addresses, and then log into that email account to check spam and other folders for it, it is never there. Same for various customers on various email platforms. One would think that it would at least arrive in the spam folder, but it doesn’t even get there.

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Rob! This helps and I appreciate the extra info.

Since it seems to be working with some people and not others, it sounds more like an issue with either the email server or with the recipient’s incoming mail settings. WooCommerce hooks into the default WordPress wp_mail() function to send mail, so anything fishy would seem to suggest that it’s coming on the hosting side of things–whether that’s your side or the recipient’s side. However, since some people are indeed receiving emails, it would seem to be on the recipient’s side.

WooCommerce has a nice post on how to troubleshoot email issues:
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/email-faq/

Perhaps the steps in there will help narrow the issue down a bit?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Rob
    Participant

Here is a screenshot of my SenderScore.org report. Would this indicate that the domain simply has no reputation and therefore is subject to upstream spam filters deleting the email before it gets into the user’s spam folder or inbox?

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/188126/983b0a2c12d260a23644574f959fbccb

If so, then would a dedicated SMTP server with a high sender reputation be the solution?

Geoff

Hi Rob,

We’re probably not the best people to give email advice, but I do know that SPF records do help with deliverability in cases where hosts are scanning for the identity domain of a sender.

I think your best bet here would be to get in touch with your emil provider. It is possible that a dedicated SMTP would be a benefit here, but that’s honestly getting outside what I would feel comfortable recommending in the context of this forum.

I hope this helps!

Geoff

Geoff

Hey Rob! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since it’s been inactive for a couple of weeks. Please open a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I re-send tickets on an order?’ is closed to new replies.