Hover not working in Chrome

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Hover not working in Chrome

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

An update to this issue at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/hover-not-working-in-chrome/

Thank you for bearing with me on this one and helping me debug my code. Andras finding that stray [/Head] tag (injected by another custom plugin) was a big find – thank you. It’s changed how my site works and now that plugin has been replaced with 10 lines in my functions.php and thoroughly decommissioned. Thank you again for taking the time to trawl through my code.

If anyone has problems with the hover feature e.g. at https://www.financialtrainingassociates.com/course/ I have now worked out what was causing this in my case. I have server side caching. I turned it off for this particular page and: “Hey presto” hover was working fine. I suspect it was something to do with what the caching was doing with JS.

If someone else is having a similar problem (hover not working) I would recommend turning off any caching you have working, restarting your server (if it’s sever-side caching), clearing the cache and also clearing your browser cache for good measure. For me it worked like magic.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas and for bearing with me on this one – in the end there was a clear solution for my case.

Thank you,

Nico

Hey Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us and for the heads-up on the resolution of the issue 🙂

As you point out JS minification can sometimes break stuff as our scripts are already minified. Disabling JS minification for our scripts (if possible) or disabling caching for The Event Calendar should work! Great find!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Hover not working in Chrome’ is closed to new replies.