Homepage / Blog Page Conflict

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Homepage / Blog Page Conflict

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Colin

Hi,

I’m currently using the free version, and was interested in upgrading. However, I’m having a problem while trying to set the events page as the front page. No matter what page I select for the posts page, the calendar shows on both. I made a fresh testing install with just Twentyseventeen, and no other plugins. I used the Sample Page for the posts page and main event page for the front, and I’m still seeing the calendar in both places.

Is this a known issue? Can anyone confirm this behavior or resolve it? Thank you,

Colin

Geoff B.

Good evening Colin and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch.
    We are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.
    They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.
    Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

In the meantime, there are 2 workarounds:

1. Create a blank page and use one of the Pro shortcodes to create your desired calendar view and set that page up as your Front page
      (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/)
    2. Downgrade to the Events Calendar 4.3.4.I recommend reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Colin

Thank you Geoff, I appreciate the response. I tried your second method, and unfortunately with 4.3.4 there was no option to select the main event page as my front page under the settings->reading tab. I will look forward to an update, glad to know you are aware and actively working on it.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Colin,

Thank you for your understanding and for taking the time to write back.

Actually, you can download previous versions here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/advanced/ (scroll down until you see the previous versions section).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Colin

Hi Geoff,

I found that link and have already used it to download version 4.3.4 as you suggested. However, the option to select the main event page as my front page under the settings->reading tab was not available.

I will likely just wait for a fix in an upcoming release. Thank you,

Colin

Geoff B.

Good morning Colin,

You are right! This is totally my bad.
    My apologies for that.

I guess that for now, this means that only the shortcode-based workaround will work.

Another option would be to redirect your home page to the calendar page using a redirection plugin.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out, containing a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you,
    Cheers,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Homepage / Blog Page Conflict’ is closed to new replies.