High sql usage got me banned on my shared server

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator High sql usage got me banned on my shared server

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dswiese
    Participant

massive queries are coming from your Events Calendar plugin. Is there anything that can be done to make these queries smaller, and finish faster?

I have had to do them manually a few at time.
    This has nothing to do with the number of displayed events as that has not changed in my settings for quite a while.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/my-server-is-experiencing-major-high-load/

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for the email and sorry you are having issues with the sql queries. The Event Aggregator is designed to function properly on all types of hosting plans including shared hosting so lets see what can find out. First, can you share your system info in a private reply?

Thanks,
    Brendan

dswiese
    Participant

This reply is private.

dswiese
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this. I also see quite a few other threads about this subject and all appear within the last couple of weeks, so it feels like its a new release related vs the number of events.
    Yes, I have about 3500 events stretching back a few years, but this really seems to be connected to when EA runs.
    When I disable EA Imports, there are no usage alarms or anything for days, until I turn on EA imports.

sidenote: Is there a plugin or sql that will archive events after X date? but not the venue or organizer?

dswiese
    Participant

Just turned EA back on, and it seems to have gone through all the imports that hadnt run since I had it on a week ago. However, no new events were imported, and getting a high failure rate that the “EA server has blocked your request”

Just noticed that the Scheduled Imports tab is showing that they ran ok and even show new events, but the History tab is showing the request was blocked?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by dswiese.
    Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

There’s nothing in the plugin itself that will do a mass cleanup of that, but some of my colegues had a good experience with Bulk Delete plugin.

It allows you to select a specific post type (in this case tribe_events) and add parameters for which posts to remove.

Please backup your database before doing any bulk event cleanup.

Could you please let us know if it is happening with scheduled imports or one-time imports? For scheduled imports, are you able to manually run the import with no errors?

Are you getting that error with all import sources or just some?

Could you please confirm this by going to Events > Help and under Event Aggregator System Status see what the status of your connection is ?

If everything seems fine on that side of things, could you please try the following: delete your EA key from your wp-admin > Events > Settings and save, then disconnect your old license from https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/, and after that re-enter your license again in your wp-admin settings?

Do you notice any changes? Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

dswiese
    Participant

Brenden – Everything shows connected in HELP, and I did do the license key disconnect and reconnect.
    I still have days worth of FB imports (scheduled and manual) that appear to run, but are always 0 new events, even when I know there are new events added to the pages.

The manual imports dont show the import running anymore. usually there is a pending, then it shows it working display. At the moment they immediately go to Finished with zero imports.

Do you all have a way to see a request from my domain and how it gets handled on the EA server on your side?
    What debug can I provide?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket.

Send me what errors you are receiving and also I would completely remove the EA plugin and reinstall it before doing this just in case there is a corrupted file.

Thanks,
    Brendan

dswiese
    Participant

Should I be able to use the built in events debug logger?
    I have had it running for several days, but it hasn’t produced anything, but also I have had zero FB imports.
    I do have an import from another EC website, that seems to be working just fine.

My next steps are to reinstall the plugins from scratch, and probably go through the “event clean up process” while I am at it.

dswiese
    Participant

Well something changed and all my FB events started working on import again. The only thing that has changed is that I re-authed my FB connection (since it was about to expire, but had NOT yet).

Though now I see there are no FB event images.

dswiese
    Participant

Well just ran a FB import manually that (i thought) would only pick up the one future event on the FB page, but somehow its pulling in 40+ events, and maxed out my shared server.

These insert queries or something is really killing the usage of this plugin.

dswiese
    Participant

update: looks like i missed that it is now adding recurring events as single events TEC Pro….. awesome!!
    sql issues and resource usage is still a problem though.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Were you able to cleanup the old events? I would do that to get rid of anything that might be causing the issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘High sql usage got me banned on my shared server’ is closed to new replies.