Hierarchy request

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hierarchy request

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wayne
    Participant

I have set up numerous categories for our site http://www.cruizing.com/. This site is a car site. When I set up a new event and choose the categories that apply for this event, the permalink only sets /event/post name. This causes a problem when viewing the event. Under the event are listed all the other events in the calendar which are not always part of the same categories. I would recommend that you provide the user the ability to change the hierarchy so the permalinks are set as /event/category/sub-category/postname. For example, I have entered in an event for the Vacaville Corvette Club. The permalink that is set is cruizing.com/event/corvette-event/. It would be great to be able to set the permalink as cruizing.com/event/car-club-events/corvettes/corvette-event/ ? Or… if this is not possible, make it so that when this event in shown, other events that are not part of the category(s) searched for are not shown below the event when the event is viewed.

Thanks for your help, Wayne Rowlands

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Wayne, unfortunately this is not currently possible with our plugin. You’ll either need to find a separate plugin to rewrite the URL’s, custom develop it or request it as a feature in an upcoming version (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-pro-feature-requests/).

If you want to exclude events, you’ll need to modify the query you have at the bottom of events. I assume you custom coded this?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Hierarchy request’ is closed to new replies.