Hiding recurring events after the first one occurs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hiding recurring events after the first one occurs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashley
    Participant

We use Events Calendar Pro to advertise our real estate pre-licensing programs. The entire “program” is a series of 9 or 10 events (called “classes”); the registrant is required to take all the classes in a single program to complete it. In Events Calendar, I use the recurring events feature to post each “class” of a program as a event.

A registrant cannot sign up for a Program once the first session/class of a Program has already taken place. Is there any way I can “hide” the events that have already started in the List view?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for reaching out! This could be accomplished via a modification of the query for list view…just to make sure I understand correctly, are you trying to hide the entire series once the first class in that series has begun?

Let me know, and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction on making that modification!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ashley
    Participant

Yes, that is what I would like for the List view.

If possible, in Calendar view, I want the subsequent classes that appear after the first one to show that we aren’t accepting registrations for that session b/c the first one already occurred.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for clarifying!

In both cases, a code customization would be required. Per our forum guidelines, we are a bit limited in the amount of support we can provide for customizations like this. However, I will check with our developers and see what we can recommend.

In the meantime, I would recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide, which has some great info on customizing our plugins. We also have a list of recommended developers if you would like to have someone do the code for you.

I’ll get back to you here shortly with a recommendation on the best way to proceed with these customizations!

Ashley
    Participant

I will wait for your reply.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you! I think the best way to accomplish this would be to do some template overrides for the views you would like to edit. To do this, you will need to edit two different templates, which you can do by following these instructions. The templates you will need to copy over are:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/loop.php

Edited template

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-day.php

Edited template

I went ahead and made the edits for you, so you can just copy over the template files into your child theme.

For the calendar view, I added a CSS class (recurring-event-started) to recurring events after the first event in the series is over. So, you can use that to change the styling of those events to reflect that the series has already begun. For example, you could change the background color for those events with the following:

.recurring-event-started {
    background-color: #dedede;
    }

I hope that helps get you started, and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding recurring events after the first one occurs’ is closed to new replies.