Hide started events in list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hide started events in list view

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jean-Daniel.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Daniel
    Participant

I run events that last for several months and would like to have them appearing as past events once they started.
    I also want to block the possibility to buy a ticket after the start date.

Could give me some advice about how to implement that with the list view.

JD

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Jean-Daniel.

Thanks so much for reaching out!

To start, you can block the possibility to buy a ticket after the start date by editing the ticket Start and End date in the Advanced dropdown of your ticket.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jean-Daniel
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the information the end date of the ticket are now specified.

Now the trickier part. How do I manage to have long events appearing as past events once they started.

Best regards

jd

I’m glad that first part worked out for you!

There isn’t really an easy way to do that.  However you could try to force an event to show as past by changing the end of day cutoff or playing around with timezone settings, if that is something that you are interested in.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jean-Daniel
    Participant

Hi,
    Well if this is not possible I will then have to consider another option for my calendar plugin.

Is there no possibility to do customising the list.php script ?

Yes, you can definitely customize list.php.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to achieve the results that you are looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide started events in list view’ is closed to new replies.