HELP PLEASE. Event info blocked, how to include coupon, special fields…

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus HELP PLEASE. Event info blocked, how to include coupon, special fields…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Doing my first Tickets Plus event, and I’m running into frustrating roadblocks.

All settings done, WooCommerce integration set up (and working), payment gateway set up (Authorize.net). The settings option for requiring Login before RSVP or before ticket purchase are Unchecked.

Here are my problems:

1) The text paragraph with all of the customized event information only shows if the person is logged in, despite the login requirement being set to off. If not logged in, that section shows: “Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.”

2) Similarly, the button for going to CART after selecting a ticket is only visible if the person is logged in.

3) I cannot find information anywhere about how to include a discount coupon. WooCommerce asks for a coupon code when somebody is buying a ticket (on the WooCommerce page), but I cannot find out where i set up the accepted coupon code.

4) The field choices for customized attendee information are very limited. Unlike most form plugins, there is no option for a validated email field, or a validated date field (e.g. DOB to verify greater than 21 yrs old). Is there a way to integrate a form from a form plugin, e.g. Formidable Forms?

Thanks. I’m on a somewhat urgent timetable here, so help would be greatly appreciated.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Steven. Reason: Additional info about settings included
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you are experiencing so many issues, but I’d be happy to help you get them resolved.

First, it looks like you are using an older version of Event Tickets Plus. I would start by upgrading to the most recent version (4.4.8) which you can find in the Downloads section of your account.

The text paragraph with all of the customized event information only shows if the person is logged in, despite the login requirement being set to off. If not logged in, that section shows: “Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.”

Similarly, the button for going to CART after selecting a ticket is only visible if the person is logged in.

Events generally follow the same user roles and permissions as other posts in WordPress. Have you made any customizations to these settings on your site?

On my end, it looks like this is only occurring with the event that you have set to “featured”, not on all of your events. Can you verify that this is the case?

You may need to go ahead and test for conflicts. If you do not already have a staging site set up, I would recommend using WP Staging, which will allow you to create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

I cannot find information anywhere about how to include a discount coupon. WooCommerce asks for a coupon code when somebody is buying a ticket (on the WooCommerce page), but I cannot find out where i set up the accepted coupon code.

Coupons can be set up by going to WooCommerce > Coupons from your Dashboard, and this article has some great info and a video to help you with setting up coupons.

The field choices for customized attendee information are very limited. Unlike most form plugins, there is no option for a validated email field, or a validated date field (e.g. DOB to verify greater than 21 yrs old). Is there a way to integrate a form from a form plugin, e.g. Formidable Forms?

Unfortunately, you are correct that there is not currently a way to integrate another form or validate those form fields without a bit of code customization, which we are not able to do here in the forums. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you here! I have seen other users wanting to verify age go with a checkbox asking the user to certify that they are of the proper age and set the field to required, but I understand that isn’t exactly what you are looking for.

I hope this helps! Please let me know how it goes, and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Steven
    Participant

Thanks, Jennifer. I believe I now have everything fixed:

The permissions issue turned out to be that user levels had been checked under Content Permissions, and I missed seeing that. Removing those checks fixed that problem. My apologies; I should have figured that out without having to bother you.

I found the info on coupons under WooCommerce.

I’ll make do with the limited choice for fields. I’d certainly suggest that might be a future enhancement, as fields for emails and dates are pretty standard these days in any kind of form.

Thanks again for your prompt help. Issue resolved.

Steve

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Steven,

Glad to hear you got this worked out!

Thanks for the suggestion – if you have a minute, we’d appreciate it if you would cast your vote in our Feature Ideas forum. We review these suggestions periodically and, if they get enough votes, consider them for an upcoming release.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but please feel free to open a new one if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP PLEASE. Event info blocked, how to include coupon, special fields…’ is closed to new replies.