HELP!! My Main Calendar Page no longer displays any events!!!

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator HELP!! My Main Calendar Page no longer displays any events!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martha
    Participant

I am not sure what happened, but suddenly my calendar is not displaying at http://www.WomenArts.org/swandates/.
    I ran Duplicator Pro to try to back up the site so that I could do offline testing to find out why my events were overlapping vertically. (See my previous support thread on that issue).
    I was using the site on my laptop and somehow went to my real site and was disabling and re-enabling the plugins and changing themes. I turned them all back on, and then I got an error message that WP Super Cache wasn’t working properly. I went into the Super-Cache config file and uncommented this line according to their instructions:
    //$use_flock = true; // Set it true or false if you know what to use
    I also deleted the cache.
    The Super-Cache error went away, but then I realized that my calendar was no longer displaying.
    I then went back to the Super-cache config file and changed it back, but it did not solve the problem.

I went to Events/Edit Events, and I can see that all of my events are still there (thank goodness!!), and I just backed them up another time. When I click on an individual event to edit it, it comes on the screen, and when I click on the permalink for the event, the page comes up, but it is not formatted properly.

HELP!!! Where did the calendar go??? It seems to me that I must have lost one of your .css files somewhere, but I don’t know how.

Martha
    Participant

One more thing I just noticed – if I go to list mode or map mode, the events show up, but the page is not formatted properly. But in Photo mode, nothing shows up. Is there a way to hide the calendar for now?

Martha
    Participant

I did several more tests tonight but could not get the site to work. I created another test site and tried disabling the plugins. I also tried disabling the calendar modifications I made in my child theme, but nothing brought the photo display back. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I was having a problem in All Events view with the listings overlapping each other vertically. I believe this problem started when I upgraded to the latest versions of Event Calendar on Feb 6.

I have a back-up version of the website from Feb 6 when it was working, but about 30 events from community members were added in the past week. Luckily those events don’t seem to be damaged, and they seem to be in the current MySQL database. Even in the crashed calendar, if I put the calendar in “List” mode instead of “Photo” mode, I can see the events, but they are not formatted properly. I can click on individual events and they also display, but they are not formatted properly either.

To recap the problem:
    When I am in Photo mode, no events display on the All Events page.
    When I am in List mode, the events display on the All Events page but the text is not formatted properly.
    When I go to a single event, the photo and text display, but the text is not formatted properly and Google maps are not showing up.

What is the fastest way to get my calendar working again? Is there a file that controls the display in Photo Mode that I could simply re-install? Or do I have to reload a site from a backup. I have never had to re-load before, and since I just crashed my calendar doing a download, and I not feeling very confident about uploading. If I use the backup from Feb 6, is there some way to link in my current MySQL database so that I don’t have to re-enter the 30 new events manually?

Please keep in mind that I have had no formal training in computer programming. I am completely self-taught and so there are huge gaps in my understanding. I am extremely frustrated at this point since I have now spent the better part of two weekends fixing calendar problems. It really seems like every time I install one of your upgrades, something new breaks. It is really, really discouraging.

Hunter

Hi Martha,

Welcome back and I’m sorry to see you’re having to deal with some hair-pulling issues. I can completely understand your frustration. It is always best to do updates on a test site where you can ensure everything goes as planned, then transfer the content from the test site to the live site. My favorite plugin for the less-than-tech-savvy users is WP DB Migrate Pro. It allows you to “push” and “pull” your database and WP folders to and from your live site with the simple push of a button.

With that said, before you go restoring backups which don’t contain all the data you’ve recently collected, please review our Testing for conflicts guide to see if it’s a simple theme and/or plugin conflict.

I also see in your System Information that you’re using WP Super Cache. Take it from someone who has struggled for countless hours (days, probably months actually!) trying to find the right configuration for WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache – it would be in your best interest to try out WP Rocket. It is hands down the most effective caching plugin I’ve tried and their support rivals with yours truly.

I hope my answer has helped shed some light on the matter and I’ll provide more resources below relative to caching and performance. Please keep me updated on what you find out after your testing and have a great rest of your day 🙂

Martha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

My pleasure! I’d honestly not even mess around with WP Super Cache, especially if you’re on shared hosting which it sounds you are. But I’m glad you’ve at least identified the source of conflict and have a good week ahead!

Cheers, Martha 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP!! My Main Calendar Page no longer displays any events!!!’ is closed to new replies.