HELP EVENT AGGREGATOR + CALENDAR PRO

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions HELP EVENT AGGREGATOR + CALENDAR PRO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arteformazione
    Participant

Hi, I’m a CALENDAR PRO + EVENT AGGREGATOR user. My problem is that every time I update an event in google calendar (changing the date and time of the event), after the import starts the description and the url of the event are overwritten and I get a blank page with only the images of events. I would like to update only the date and time and not all the content of the events, how can this be done?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue with the imports, but I’ll be happy to help you out. If you look under Events > Settings > Imports, you’ll see some overwrite options. Changing the “Event Update Authority” setting to either “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.” will overwrite the info on your site with changes that you make in the source calendar, which sounds like what you would need here. If this isn’t the setting that you’re using, can you switch to this setting? If you have made any changes to the events on your site that you don’t want overwritten, you would want to use the “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.” setting instead.

Regarding the pages being mostly blank, I did some testing on my end, but I am not seeing the same thing locally. As a first step, can you try running through the instructions outlined here to check for any conflicts that might be occurring with your theme or another plugin? You’ll want to drop down to a completely default environment (all plugins besides The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro disabled and the Twentyseventeen theme enabled) and make sure that you have WP_DEBUG enabled to begin testing. If you don’t have a testing site, the free Duplicator or WP Staging plugins can help you get one set up.

Finally, can you share your full system info with me as well?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP EVENT AGGREGATOR + CALENDAR PRO’ is closed to new replies.