HELP! CSV import won’t stop!!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO HELP! CSV import won’t stop!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    roguefresno
    Participant

Not only is the csv import not importing everything, but I can’t get it to stop!! It’s stalled out and I can’t accomplish anything now!!

I have been trying to import info into Events Calendar Pro…just was testing things out with importing organizers since importing events was dropping a lot of info…not importing end times, not importing venues, seemingly randomly…some would import, many would not…so I thought maybe I should try a smaller file. But now it’s stuck! Not only did it still not import everything but it won’t stop being stalled out! And nothing I do is making it stop!! I’ve deactivated multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled both calendar plugins…deleted the file it was pulling the info from, reuploaded that csv file…NOTHING is working!! I even installed the WP Crontrol plugin I saw someone recommended in another thread but I don’t know how to use it and everything I tried deleting did nothing. It won’t delete any of the processes.

And I see you guys are gone for a retreat tomorrow and I have a TON OF WORK that I’m already behind on because of a ton of things going wrong and now I’m STUCK and can’t get this done because of this!! HELP!!!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by roguefresno.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Courtney.
    roguefresno
    Participant

Seriously….HELP!!

This is ridiculous!! I can’t sit around waiting for help, so I nuked the entire site and started over and rebuilt the site from a backup. Discovered the info I was trying to import hadn’t completed…only 25 of the 48 organizers I was trying to import….so I deleted them all and started over. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED…..AGAIN!!! You guessed it…stalled out again on number 25. And I’m back again to facing having to nuke the whole site again! And I’ve lost an entire day to this nonsense. And no one is responding to my pleas for help and I know y’all are going to be gone for a week starting tomorrow! What am I supposed to do now???

I’m already way behind schedule on this site due to a ton of tech problems (not all calendar related)….will SOMEONE please respond and help me with this?? My clients paid for this plugin and we need this feature to work!

roguefresno
    Participant

I’m nuking my site a third (or is it a 4th? I’m losing track…) time now…it just keeps getting stuck on importing my organizer csv. On 25 out of 48. Every time. Then I got it to work on a fresh install with the default them and no plugins activated except The Events Calendar. This last time I made sure to keep the default (twenty seventeen) theme active and no other plugins but the Events Calendar plugins and it STILL STUCK on the 25th import. I think it’s the relabeler. When I got it to work before I didn’t have the relabeler plugin reinstalled yet. So that’s the only thing I can figure it must be.

So here I go, having to nuke my site (delete everything, start fresh)…again…I hope I can still relabel after I import.

roguefresno
    Participant

I ended up not nuking my site that final time because what’s the point? I had everything off. And uploading another file managed to get the stalled out import to finally stop.

Instead I kept trying turning things off and on and breaking the import into smaller pieces. I was able to get a small portion of my import uploaded….but only a small amount. And it still is uploading it with missing info. Dropping venues here and there and not uploading the end times. Presumably that is because our end times don’t fit the drop down menu options. I have to manually go in and fix every stinkin one.

And I have probably over a hundred events that it just won’t import!! I sure could use some help!! In the meantime I’m fixing the events that it didn’t import properly. At this rate, I could have manually uploaded all of these faster! I took the time to get all the info into spreadsheets to make the upload to the site much easier and this whole thing has turned into a NIGHTMARE.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by roguefresno.
    roguefresno
    Participant

I did discover that it wants the urls with http:// in front of them, at least for the custom fields….didn’t seem to care for the other urls…posted those fine. Can’t for the life of me figure out why it didn’t import the venues for some random events that I did copy the names exact. I’m having to go in and edit a lot. But that’s not my primary problem…it’s still the fact that most every import I’m doing is freezing up. Even when I break the file into just 20 row files. It just goes round and round and goes nowhere. Even with the default theme and ALL plugins deactivated except event calendar and event calendar pro.

roguefresno
    Participant

I had 48 rows in my organizers import…it imported 25 rows fine…then got stuck. Tried several times then gave up. The only thing I can do to get it to stop is to upload another file which has just 2 rows and it will import that one and then stop the other. Then I took the remaining rows and made that a new file and uploaded that and finally got my remaining organizers uploaded….but this didn’t work with my events. I broke that into 20 events per file and it STILL got hung up after like 8 events.

Courtney

Hi Tiffany

Can you share your CSV file via Google Drive or Dropbox and post a private reply here? I’d like to test this out myself as well.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/ shows how to set up the files for importing. Did you compare your file with this?

I’ll be continuing to work with you through this process.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

roguefresno
    Participant

Ok….after literally days and countless hours of wrestling with this…I think I finally figured this out. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago, but live and learn. I am guessing the import is super sensitive to the formats of things. I had thought I had read it properly…plus I had done a test run. And it had seemed to work! The issue for me is that the organization I am getting the info from has a system where they gather info in a bunch of different formats and I was hoping I wasn’t going to have to convert all that for the import, so I tested it a ton of different ways ahead of time to make sure it would work, and it seemed to. Until I did it with a significant sized file.

So when I did the upload with 100+ rows in my csv where the dates and times were all over the place in format, it, I’m guessing, couldn’t handle it.

Now that I’ve figured that out, I had already broken the file into multiple sheets to make the info import into smaller pieces and have been playing with Google drive to reformat all the dates and times to a format that the importer apparently likes better (something I’d never used Google drive for before, and had no idea how to do…now I do, and it’s easy peasy, so….live and learn) and I’ve been going through with files of 20-25 rows and the correct formats…plus I added http:// to all the urls….and I’ve had no more problems. PHEW! Crossing fingers that it continues. I’m going to continue to do it in smaller chunks just in case it messes up anymore. No more chances.

But now I know for next year’s event. I’m writing all this down and keeping it somewhere I will reference for next time (plus reworking the way they gather their info) to simplify everything. It didn’t seem like the whole dang system would completely crap out over this, but that’s all I can figure out. And all I care is that it seems to FINALLY be working!

I sure wish I could have gotten some help with this…because I am guessing that a person who knows this plugin would have figured this out in minutes flat…but I am moving forward finally.

George
    Participant

Hey @roguefresno,

I’m very sorry for the trouble here, and that you didn’t have a particularly great experience with our support team (which we always strive for). Our support replies usually work at a pace of one reply every 24–48 hours—expecting anything faster than that is something that, while we certainly try for, we cannot ever guarantee.

However, this week was especially slow because most of our company was away on a yearly retreat, which you can read more about here.

Not making excuses here—just wanted to acknowledge your frustrations and thank you for your patience with our slower-than-normal response times.

I’m very happy to see that you’ve been making some progress. Is there anything else we can help with? Please let us know!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP! CSV import won’t stop!!’ is closed to new replies.