Header / Title appearing in List view comprised of Event Names

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Header / Title appearing in List view comprised of Event Names

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lynn1jenni1
    Participant

The events page / list view is showing a header above all the Events Calendar details. It is comprised of the event names with no spaces between them. I did revert back to WP 2010 theme and the issue went away but I’m unsure how to trouble shoot to find the issue.

Geoff

Hi there Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the step to activate the default Twenty Ten theme and confirm the issue a theme conflict–that really helps and is greatly appreciated! 🙂

Are you using the default event template? You can check this in Events > Settings > Display, and select “Default Events Template” from the “Events Template” dropdown (remember to hit “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen). I have a hunch that you might be using a theme template and that it is conflicting with the event posts.

Does that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

lynn1jenni1
    Participant

That fixed the issue but I really wanted to keep the sidebar on the page. Do you know what code I need to add and where? Thank you!

Geoff

Hey Jennifer, thanks for following up! I’m so switching templates helped solve the issue.

Getting the sidebar in there will require customizing the calendar layout a bit. It takes a few steps but is certainly doable:

1. Create a copy of the list.php file from the plugin folder
    2. Create a new tribe-events folder in your theme directory and drop the list.php copy in there
    3. Edit the file and and include the sidebar where it’s needed

These steps are outlined in greater detail in our Themer’s Guide, which I highly recommend checking out because it provides some nice examples. The line you’ll need to include the sidebar may vary for your theme, but here are the WordPress Codex instructions for doing it.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Kirk Rose
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Were having the exact same issue. So I followed along and was able to replicate the bug. So this must be a theme conflict. I even installed the DEBUG plugin and saw no errors (so again points to a theme conflict). So at this point as a paid pro user I’ve gone beyond my level of plugin code debugging. I need to get this fixed for my client as soon as I can (is that not always the case!)…

Who can I pay (hopefully your team) to help get this fixed for me? Please email: it @ steamtraincreative [dot] com
    Cheers Brent

Geoff

Hey there Brent, thanks for chiming in! You’re welcome to email us at [email protected] and we’d be happy to share a list of people who may be able to help you out with your plugin customizations.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Update: We have a tutorial that may help out when the page title is also displaying on an event. Check it out and let me know if this helps. 🙂

Geoff

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Leah.
    Geoff

Hey there! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread and we’d be happy help out. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Header / Title appearing in List view comprised of Event Names’ is closed to new replies.