having trouble with update to Events Calendar pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions having trouble with update to Events Calendar pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Troy
    Participant

I am posting the following question for my IT team. They recently updated my Event Calendar plugin to Pro but the grid won’t show anymore:

Recently we have done wordpress upgrade from version 3.1.4 to 3.3.1 due to plugin events calender causing latency in website loading.
    But after upgrade the grid view was not working in the events section of the website even though list view is displayed properly.
    We have then upgraded the plugin events calender to 2.0 from 1.6.5.

Whenever we try to enable to PRO version of events calender wp-admin area is showing blank so we have disable that plugin.

Please advise on this.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Troy,

First make sure are using the latest version of our plugin – 2.0.5. The next thing I would suggest taking a look at is server memory. Typically if not enough memory is allocated, you will see a white screen when activating the plugin. Another thing to check would be plugin and/or theme conflicts. There may be plugins you are running that are causing problems so please try deactivating all other plugins to see if this helps. If not, try switching themes to see if it’s a theme conflict.

I hope that helps but let me know if you’re still having issues.

Troy
    Participant

We have upgraded Events calender plugin to the latest version 2.0.5 and even after upgrade grid view is not working.
    ==================
    Welcome to Events 2.0! This is a HUGE upgrade from 1.6.5. Please make sure you have backed up before proceeding any further. You can easily revert to an old version if you want to backup first. This upgrade includes two major steps, migrating data & updating your templates as necessary. There have been significant changes to the template tags and functions. Check out our walkthrough on the upgrade before proceeding and check out the FAQ & Knowledge base from the support page. If you’re new to The Events Calendar, you may want to review our new user primer.

You have events that need to be migrated. Please visit the bottom of the settings page to perform the migration.
    ====================

This is the comment we have in dashboard of wordpress.
    These are the plugins that were present in the domain. Pro version of events calender is not activated because of the blank page issue we are facing.

==============================
    adrotate nextgen-gallery video-widget
    akismet pjw-query-child-of
    all-in-one-seo-pack quick-flickr-widget
    bei-fen really-simple-captcha weather-widget
    breadcrumbs redirection wordpress-importer
    contact-form-7 robots-meta wordpress-navigation-list-plugin-navt
    contact-form-captcha seo-pressor wordpress-plugin-for-simple-google-adsense-insertion
    enhanced-text-widget seo-ultimate wp-db-backup
    events-calendar-pro simple-form-with-captcha wpjobboard
    fresh-page simplepie-core wp-mail-smtp
    google-sitemap-generator simplepie-plugin-for-wordpress
    sociable
    the-events-calendar wp-weather
    maintenance-mode wunderground
    ====================

We are using a customized theme for our website.
    The server RAM memory is 3546MB (3.46GB).

Still grid view is not listed in options in the events after upgrade and activating the pro version is showing blank page.
    We welcome your valuable suggestions in resolving this issue.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Troy, please email me WP admin and FTP access to jonah [at] tri [dot] be and I’ll take a closer look.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Troy, you need to run the migration script as directed in the dashboard message: “You have events that need to be migrated. Please visit the bottom of the settings page to perform the migration.”

Go to Settings > The Events Calendar and click “Migrate Data!” at the bottom. Be sure everything is backed up before you do so.

After running that you should be able to enable PRO and the grid view should work. Try that and let me know how it goes.

Troy
    Participant

We have done the “Settings > The Events Calendar and click “Migrate Data!” as per your information. But it ended up in the blank page. We had to revert back the changes by replacing the backup of database (before the modification). Please let me know how to fix this issue. 🙁

Jonah
    Participant

Ok, I’ll try the migration script myself but one thing I’d like to try is to run it using v2.0 of our plugin. Also, I’d like to increase the PHP memory size because it’s only at 32mb now which is kind of low. Give me the go ahead when it’s ok to try this out and I’ll do it and please let me know the best method to increase the memory size on your server.

Troy
    Participant

We have modified the “memory_limit” value to “64M”.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Troy, I see that. I was able to successfully complete the migration script and the site is now running the latest version of the plugin as well. The calendar and other plugin related things are still not working though but this is because you are using old template files in the ‘events’ folder in your theme. You’ll need to either rename or delete that folder with the old templates or migrate the new template code located in the templates in the /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views folder.

The easiest thing would be to just rename the folder which will cause the plugin to use it’s core templates instead of your just to see how it looks. If everything looks ok, you can then just delete your ‘events’ folder in your theme. But if there are customizations you need, you will need to go through file by file and figure out what they are and merge them in. Like I said, just use the core template files as your guide in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views

I hope that helps but let me know if you have any other questions.

Troy

Jonah,

Still looks like it is not working. The support at Deru.net just sent me this:

Hello Troy,

As per the update from Jonah, we have renamed the ‘events’ folder in our theme Phoenix. Now the plugin is using the new template code located in the /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views folder. But still the plugin views are not working properly. We have also tried to migrate the new template codes to the events folder in our theme. But no luck 🙁

Rob

Hey Troy. Thanks for the follow-up. Just a heads up that as of this afternoon Jonah is going to be out until next Wednesday. He’ll be able to take a look when he returns but I did want to set your expectations accordingly on this.

Apologies for the inconvenience and let me know if you need anything else in the interim.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Troy,

It looks like there may be a plugin or theme conflict. You guys will need to try deactivating all other plugins and/or switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if there is some conflict with code in your theme.

Troy

My host tells me they have checked every active plugin and even reverted to twenty eleven theme to see if they could get the grid on the Events calendar Pro to work. Still not working.

Any ideas? I have used the free version of EC for years now. Why would the pro version not work but the free does?

If you can fix this I would much rather have a working version of TECP on my website. But if you can’t fix it (and I don’t think my host know what to do anymore) then I guess just a $50 refund is in order.

I would much rather have a working plugin though.

Troy

This is the response from my host.

Hello Troy,

>>>> Can you confirm once more with the host that they have deactivated EVERY plugin except The Events Calendar 2.0.5/Events Calendar PRO 2.0.5, and that when reverting to the 2011 theme with just those two plugins active the problem persisted?

We have deactivated all plugins except Events Calendar 2.0.5 and Events Calendar PRO 2.0.5. with our custom theme. Then we have tried the same with Twenty Eleven theme, but the issue persists.

>>>> Furthermore, can you confirm that it went away after PRO was deactivated (but free stayed on) in the same environment?

With the same status we have deactivated Events Calendar PRO 2.0.5 and still the Events Calendar 2.0.5 is not working.

>>>> I would say they should also take the advice Jonah added in this note (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/having-trouble-with-update-to-events-calendar-pro/#post-17871), but remove the existing folder and start with totally fresh templates.

As per Jonah’s updates we have removed all the old templates and copied the new templates to the theme folder. But still views are not working properly.

Troy

Update?

I need to get my events calendar working again. It was bringing in good daily traffic and now noting. Could I pay someone to log into the back end and find out what the problem is?

I really need to get this done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘having trouble with update to Events Calendar pro’ is closed to new replies.