Has this issue been fixed? PHP Error implode () using recaptcha

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Has this issue been fixed? PHP Error implode () using recaptcha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hello Modern Tribe,
    URL: http://dcbydesignblog.com/events/community/add/

I am still receiving this error upon form submission:
    Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/dcbyd0/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Captcha/Recaptcha.php on line 321

I see the thread dated in August… has the fix been released?
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/php-error-implode-using-recaptcha-settings-with-community-events/

Is there any work around to make the form functional? Perhaps disable captcha?
    I purchased the renewal to this premium add-on in August, but no one has been able to submit a form since. Client is a bit frustrated.

What to do? Thank you.

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hello again,
    I have just updated to Community Events v4.2.5.
    I then tested an event submission.

Good news: The implode error message no longer appears.
    Bad news: Upon submit the screen displays: Are you sure you want to do this?

I’ve seen this error before… sometimes the date is set as the current date, rather than a future date. When I went back to check my entries, I see that the Organizer Name field is in red with the message, “organizer name already exists”. Regardless of what I enter into the filed – new names included – the error will not go away. It will allow me to re-use a previous name from the Organizer dropdown list. And even with those corrections, the form will not submit correctly, and always returns the message: Are you sure you want to do this?
    FYI, this testing was done using Chrome.

I then tested using Firefox (similar but not identical entries) and the Firefox form submitted on the first try.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy dlmwebdevelopment,

Thanks for giving the latest version a test. I would love to help you figure out the “Are you sure you want to do this?” error.

I just tested adding a new organizer via the Community organizer via that form to make sure there is no bug in our plugin. I tried:

• Adding an event and organizer as an admin
    • Adding an event and organizer as a subscriber
    • Adding an event and organizer as an anonymous user
    • Adding an event and organizer with Events Calendar Pro disabled

In every case I was able to add the new organizer, no error was shown.

Have you done any modifications to the calendar, such as inserting a code snippet into your theme’s functions.php ? If so could you try removing or otherwise disabling those temporarily, then retesting. Does that fix things? If so what did you remove/disable?

If you have not done any modifications we will need to test if a “conflict” is happening, and if so narrow it down so we can find a fix for it. This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting.  I noticed that you are running WordFence. You might start with disabling that plugin. While it has many awesome features, in the past some of them have altered how WordPress is intended to work. Thus is has at times broken the WordPress API, thus causing strange errors in other plugins.

Does that all make sense? Can you give those steps a whirl?

Cheers!

– Brook

Danna McCormick
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    Thanks so much for your response and offer to help! I have not had a chance to go through the conflict testing, but here is what I’ve discovered after updating to version 4.3:

Error “Are you sure you want to do this?” still appears.
    Deactivating the WordFence plugin has no effect.

HOWEVER, WordFence recently added their Firewall feature which is implemented on the DC by Design Blog site.
    The firewall added code to the .htaccess file, which calls a newly created a user.ini file.
    I manually commented out their code in the .htaccess file that calls the user.ini file and voila, the form now works.

Then I went back, put the WordFence code back in the .htaccess file and then, in the Firewall settings, I unchecked the File Upload Rule. Screenshot of WordFence’s firewall rules is attached.

When I tested the form and uploaded an image, it did work. So while this one test isn’t 100% conclusive, it does seems to make sense. Unfortunately, it’s not ideal because hackers uploading malicious files is something you want to protect against.

Would you please take a look at the screenshot and let me know your thoughts?
    In a perfect world I’d like to create a whitelist parameter at the bottom of that screen that allows an image to be uploaded just for the Community Events form. Do you think that could be done?

Thanks again!

Brook
    Participant

Excellent work isolating this!

It’s strange that it is limiting the Organizer for you, and yet that rule is intended to isolate file uploads.

In a perfect world I’d like to create a whitelist parameter at the bottom of that screen that allows an image to be uploaded just for the Community Events form. Do you think that could be done?

If I am understanding this feature correctly the four parameters I would add would be:

• organizer
    • venue
    • event_image
    • EventImage

If the URL accepts a wildcard character I would use this url:

http://dcbydesignblog.com/events/community/*

If it does not accept wildcards then you certainly want to add this:

http://dcbydesignblog.com/events/community/add/

However, you will probably face the same issues on the edit pages. Each page has its own unique URL. In light of this common problem typical firewalls accept wildcards, some even accept more complex patterns. Since I can not find any public documentation on this feature of WordFence I am not exactly sure what works in there.

Did that work?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Has this issue been fixed? PHP Error implode () using recaptcha’ is closed to new replies.