Hangs on pressing submit button

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Hangs on pressing submit button

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    harrogatenews
    Participant

Hi,

My system is currently failing to submit community events – after you press the button nothing happens and then after a while the captcha says it is out of date.

Please could you help.

<moved to a Private Reply>

George
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out!

I cannot recreate any such issues on my own testing site, and was not able to spot anything outright problematic in your System Information, so I would recommend doing the following things:

Next, can you also please share a link to the Community Events submission page on your site? I could not find the URL to the submission form. Please share that URL in your reply.

Thanks! 😀
    George

harrogatenews
    Participant

Hi,

It’s http://www.harrogate-news.co.uk/whats-on/community/add

Your plugins are bringing down my server now – requiring them to reboot the server.

Tim

harrogatenews
    Participant

It’s a conflict between “Captcha by BestWebSoft” and the captcha built in to Community Events.

Have dropped the API keys and disabled the plugin and it has allowed submission of events now.

harrogatenews
    Participant

Just a further update.

If there isn’t an API key for the captcha it works, but with the key in it hangs.

Also, it will eventually bring the server down with a high processor.

I will continue looking. Am wondering if it is a firewall issue.

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

hi there,

I have the exact same issue and it’s only when I enable Advanced Ads Pro

Thanks

George
    Participant

Hi Derek,

Thanks for reaching out—what you describe is a plugin conflict with Advanced Ads Pro. To help us keep this thread focused on @harrogatenews, can you please open a support thread with the Advanced Ads Pro folks as to why their plugin causes breakages with other plugins? If you have further questions from us about The Events Calendar or its add-ons like Community Events, please open a new thread on these forums.

Thank you!
    George

George
    Participant

Hi @harrogatenews,

Thanks for doing all of your testing thus far and for sharing your progress. Having two captcha systems could indeed be problematic, so if you want to use the captchas provided by “Captcha by BestWebSoft”, I would recommend just using those captchas and not using the ones built into Community Events itself.

As for performance issues, these are a separate thing we can explore if you would like. To help me shed some light on this, can you provide the following details about your site?

1. How, specifically, are you hosting your webhost? Are you using WP Engine’s lowest-level hosting plan, for example? Are you using GoDaddy, and a certain “Business” package? Are you using BlueHost or HostGator…? Et cetera. Specify the web host you are hosting your site with, and what plan of hosting you are using through them. Share a link to their website if possible.

2. How many events are in your wp-admin? Are there thousands? Hundreds? Dozens of thousands? Just an estimate would be fine.

3. When did performance issues start happening? The page failing to load, etc.

Thanks!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Cliff

This reply is private.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Hangs on pressing submit button’ is closed to new replies.