Google Maps no longer displaying

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps no longer displaying

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi there David,

Unfortunately, more than one bug is at work (Mailchimp is one – or, more precisely, the particular datepicker library that ships with that plugin). So resolving that was a solid first step.

If you still need help though I would ask that you create a new thread: the problem when lots of people post in the same thread is that we can end up with a confusing situation where lots of people are at different stages of the troubleshooting process (and potentially are dealing with separate bugs, even if they happen to impact on the same part of the plugin).

It would definitely be appreciated if you could do that – one of the team will then be only too happy to help 🙂

David Fraser
    Participant

Hi Barry
    Well OK, I can do that. However, I’m happy to forget about the Mailchimp plugin for now. Given that, I think I am talking about the same issue. Before I start another thread, could you please just confirm that the Google map box is intended to be taller in v3.8. If that question doesn’t have a simple answer then OK, I’ll start another thread.

Barry

@davidfraser: the default height should be a little taller than what you’re seeing – so, in this case, I don’t believe the problem is quite the same (it would seem more like a basic CSS issue, rather than the problem seen by others where virtually nothing of the map could be seen) 🙂

David Fraser
    Participant

Ok. However, originally, davidgmiles, Ray, and myself all started out not seeing any map at all on upgrading to v3.8.

Barry

Sure – but the problem you’re now facing is different, even so.

Also, though we make exceptions here and there, in the main we much prefer that you create a thread of your own rather than post in one created by someone else, even if the problem seems very similar, otherwise these threads can quickly become very unwieldy – particularly if multiple customers have subtly different problems and are at different stages of the troubleshooting process.

You’re more than welcome to link to and cross-reference similar or related threads, though, but it’s truly appreciated if you help us to help you by following forum guidelines especially when prompted 🙂

As an update for everyone, we’re working hard to try and fix two distinct problems as quickly as we can:

• A conflict with certain datepicker libraries, which caused a general Javascript issue that happened to impact on maps
    • A problem with the height properties of embedded maps, mostly impacting sites that have continually upgraded from one release of The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO to the next going several versions back

We hope to deliver these fixes as soon as possible and will re-open and update this thread as things progress: thank you all for your continued support and patience in the meantime 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps no longer displaying’ is closed to new replies.