Google Maps not showing up on pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps not showing up on pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Victoria
    Participant

Installed TEC. Created some events and the maps displayed fine. Installed wooCommerce and deleted some other deactivated plugins. Now, the maps dont show up anywhere (Venue page, event page, etc).

Google maps still show up on our old (still active) Events Manager as well as those pages where we use the Comprehensive Google Map Plugin. Neither one of those was changed, activated, or deactivate between the time the maps were showing up in TEC and when they stopped.

Purchased ECP and Tickets. Installed both. Everything is working great except the maps still arent showing up.

Theme is Rebound. When I set the theme back to 2015, the maps show up.

Again, the only things changed between working and non-working maps was the deletion of some inactive (non-theme related) 3rd party plugins and the install of wooCommerce.

So, I dont understand how the theme is now breaking the maps when the other two map sources work fine.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot them with you.

If other maps are working and not ours it sounds like the Google Maps API is being loaded twice and that could be the issue.

Do you have a link to a single event that I could see where the map is broken and I can take a look.

Thanks

Victoria
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link I took a look and did not see any console errors so that is not the issue.

So if you disable WooCommerce, the map comes back? When it is active it does not work with your theme?

What happens if WooCommerce is active and you try another theme?

There maybe a php error causing this can you please follow the section of the WordPress Codex Debug titled “Example wp-config.php for Debugging” on this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please add that coding to your wp-config.php file.

Then visit the single events page with WooCommerce and your Theme active and after that check the error log and let me know if anything is there.

Then we can go from here.

Thanks

Victoria
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victoria
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok great glad were able to find the conflict.

That is a strange conflict with the gettext filter.

I have no run into that issue before.

Does changing the filter around using the examples here and with the text domains help the issue?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/gettext

Victoria
    Participant

On a related note, where do you change the default gettext values? I dont see the en_US language file and want to change Venue to Location, and Organizer to Instructor, on the front end – without the map-breakin-gettext-filter code.

Brian
    Keymaster

You can edit this file:

tribe-events-calendar.pot

Save it has new .po file with en_US at the end like the other languages and that should do it.

Victoria
    Participant

Hrrmm. Thanks. I edited the tribe-events-calendar.pot, changed the only two singular versions of those two words (“Venue” -> “Location” and “Organizer” -> “Instructor”), saved it as tribe-events-calendar-en_US.po in the lang folder and….nadda. No change.

Victoria
    Participant

Even tried changing the ECP version. tribe-events-calendar-pro.pot….made changes…saved as tribe-events-calendar-pro-en_US.po in the ecp/lang folder. Still nadda.

Brian
    Keymaster

Not sure what is going on.

I was able to use Poedit to convert the pot file and save as these two:

tribe-events-calendar-en_US.po
    tribe-events-calendar-en_US.mo (automatically created with the po file)

And that translation worked for me.

What is your language settings in WordPress and the General Settings Page?

Victoria
    Participant

My bad. I was using an online editor that doesnt generate the .mo files. Used Poedit and it’s now working. Thanks!

One more thing, and then I’ll try to leave you alone (for a while) 🙂

How do I get the tickets Qty (on the event page) to use either a select box or the little +/- increment/decrement option…instead of a plain text field?

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it works.

The +/- were removed by WooCommerce themselves.

See this post for a explanation and a plugin provided by them to add Quantity Increments back:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-more-quantity-selector-after-update#post-6554241

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps not showing up on pages’ is closed to new replies.