Google Maps API

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps API

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rhonda
    Participant

I’m suddenly getting this error:

The latitude and longitude for your venue could not be fetched. The Google Maps API daily query limit has been reached!

Help please

Geoff B.

Good evening Rhonda and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about that message being generated on your site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

This typically means that a site is hosted on a shared hosting plan (and thus a shared IP address).
    Google enforces a limit on the daily number of queries allowed per IP address.

The simplest solution would be to use either a VPS type of hosting or upgrade your shared hosting plan to include a dedicated IP address.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

netavis
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

We are also experiencing this now. I can confirm to you that we are using a dedicated server but our setting is multi-site. Was this a problem on the plugin?

Here is the scenario when we encounter it: The google maps api issues is after settting up around 50 new feeds on same day.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for chiming in.
    I would highly recommend opening a separate thread so that we can provide you with personalized support.

Was this a problem on the plugin?

No, this is literally a limitation of the Google Maps API.
    You might want to review the following documentation in detail: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/

Since you have a multisite install, you might have to consider using a dedicated IP for your sites (if setting up separate APIs does not cut it).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps API’ is closed to new replies.