Google Import Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Import Not Working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Treasurer
    Participant

Our scheduled Google Calendar import is not working all of a sudden. Nothing seems to be showing up in the logs either.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear you are having that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

I could verify that the imports are being processed correctly for your EA license key. Are you able to run the import manually?

Please go to your wp-admin > Events > Help and send us a screenshot of the Event Aggregator System Status?

Are you having problems with one import source or all of them? Could you please share with us the Google Calendar URL for the import your are having the issue with? We’ll run some tests and see if we can reproduce.

Also, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try running the import a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Treasurer
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Treasurer.
    Smith
    Participant

Hello.

I’m very new to this and am not sure how to do what you are wanting. I tried to run it manually but it failed. I am only trying to import the Google calendar.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/82ij2o17o2aemehpv46jc4ufcg%40group.calendar.google.com/private-cc7c2ae417d21522e9e3dabba41d3399/basic.ics

When I preview it before importing, it comes in fine. But once I try to import, it fails.

How do I enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG?

Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi @Treasurer!

Thanks for sending over the gCal URL.

I tried to run the import on my own installation and it works as expected.

Also, I have just checked the last import records for your EA license key and I can confirm your 30 minutes scheduled import for that feed is being processed correctly.

Yet even after manually importing certain events are missing from Month and Day view on the calendar but they are there in list view.

This could be related to a different issue. Could you please update to our latest version of The Events Calendar 4.6.11.1 and see if any difference?

If there’s no difference, the please let us know the events you are having the issue with.

For your scheduled import, could you please see if there are any error reports by going to Events > Import > History tab ? If you see a red exclamation mark for any of them, please hover over it and let us know the error message if any.

Hi @Smith! Thanks for chiming in here.

I can confirm your gCal URL is valid and you should be able to import events from it.

Just to keep things more organized and make sure we give the proper attention to each of the issues, please open a new topic for your issue. When doing so, please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

To enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG you should paste the following code into your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Import Not Working’ is closed to new replies.