Google Calendar NOT importing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar NOT importing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    Participant

We’ve just purchased the aggregator and are attempting to import our calendar from Google but, despite multiple attempts and double checking the settings, are getting the following two stage message after each attempt:

1 – Your preview is taking a bit longer than expected, but it is still being generated.
    2 – The preview is taking longer than expected. Please try again in a moment.

I’ve tested the theme via these instructions (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/) and I’m still getting the same error message with all plugins (except Events) and the Twenty16 theme.

Help please! 🙂

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear this, Erica!

Would you mind sharing the specific Google Calendar URL you’re trying to import? I’ll test it myself and see if I find the same failures.

Thanks!
    George

Erica
    Participant

Thanks George! Here’s the URL:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/pl3u1lkpcts4r907p71u2s9bkc%40group.calendar.google.com/private-301faa58e7b44863cfbff538a02afec3/basic.ics

I was able to important from another calendar, but not this one…Curious why.

Much appreciated!

George
    Participant

Thanks Erica!

I’m testing this now, and while it has not failed yet, it is take a significant amount of time to load and is still loading for me.

A quick question in the meantime: is this a private calendar? Is it set to be totally publicly-readable and accessible?

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar NOT importing’ is closed to new replies.