Google Calendar Imports Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Calendar Imports Not Working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mccicreates
    Participant

Hello –

We are experiencing the same issue.

We noticed today that some of our events were not appearing on the our site. When I checked the imports history I noticed that the plugin has been trying to run our two scheduled imports twice every hour since at least 4/12/18 and getting an error every time. This is for both a Google calendar and an Outlook calendar import.

Also, because the plugin is repeatedly trying to import, without success, it has now maxed out our daily import limit.

There were updates available for the Event Calendar/Pro plugins, which I’ve made. However I can’t test if they have fixed the issue because the import limit is maxed out. I went ahead and upgraded our Aggregator subscription so I could test if the plugin updates helped but that upgrade is not being reflected.

Please advise.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/run-import-via-google-calendar-error-message/

Hi Terrence,

Thanks for reaching out again here!

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual?

Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

mccicreates
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Terrence,

I just tested the two URLs that you provided, and they both appear to be working on my end now.

Can you test again and see if they are working now?

If not, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

mccicreates
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Shortly after receiving your message this issue, without intervention, miraculously resolved itself.

Strange.

Are you aware of any common issues that would generate the error message we provided from the event log?

Hi Terrence,

I’m not aware of any common issues that could cause this specific error.  There are a number of factors that may have caused this to occur.

In any case, I’m glad to hear that things are working again, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Calendar Imports Not Working’ is closed to new replies.