Global Stock Issues

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Global Stock Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Russell
    Participant

I am very concerned about the global stock numbers. They do not seem to be reducing after tickets are purchased. Where can I check the stock levels ? If I go to the event – e.g. It says 254 global stock (122 sold), which means 132 left, but if does not say that anywhere. I am concerned of over selling!

HELP!

Barb
    Participant

I just jumped over here to ask the same question! *Ü* I am having to manually reduce the global stock #’s.

George
    Participant

Hi Russell,

I am sorry to hear about issues with global stock.

To help me help you, can you please do each of the following three things?

1. Post your site’s complete, un-edited system information using the “Sharing information manually” steps outlined in this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

2. You say, “It says 254 global stock (122 sold)” — Can you please share a screenshot of where this shows up for you on your site? You can do so by uploading the screenshots to this thread. If you have issues with that, you can upload to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.

3. For the event you share a screenshot of, can you also share a link to it on your website directly so that I can check it out?

Thanks,
    George

George
    Participant

Hi Barb,

I would recommend that you open another thread. As you can see from my response to Russell, this issue will require some investigation and dialogue.

Please open a new thread of your own to facilitate this investigation into your own site and its issues as they may be different in terms of their cause and thus different in terms of the steps needed to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    George

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Russell
    Participant

I have tested the site and found nothing wrong. Just that the global stock does not reduce.

Also, where can I see a live summary of ticket sales and how many we have left ?

I really do need help to resolve this issue please.

George
    Participant

Hi Russell,

Just to be clear, do you mean that you had your site in the state where every plugin other than these were deactivated:
    • The Events Calendar
    • Event Tickets
    • Event Tickets Plus
    • WooCommerce

And a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Seventeen was activated on your site?

↑ And once your site was in this state, you created a NEW test event with NEW test tickets and had the same result?

If so, please share a link to this event on the front-end of your site, and please post screenshots of its ticket stock issues in the wp-admin.

I totally understand how you want to resolve this issue, and it’s my goal to help do just that. At this time, I cannot recreate your stock issues, and so the testing I recommended above is the best step I can think of that would help move us forward towards resolving these problems.

Thanks,
    George

Russell
    Participant

It is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS to expect me to disable all my plugins and switch to a generic theme on a live site.

I am not sure why you are unable to resolve my issue and seem to have no knowledge on the subject at all. Yes I am frustrated!

George
    Participant

Hi Russell,

I totally understand your frustrations and am genuinely sorry for the trouble here. To be clear, the reason I am recommending the steps above is not because I don’t care about your problems are am not testing this myself, or lack knowledge on the topic.

The point is this:

• You are reporting a specific problem.

• I cannot reproduce that problem on my own testing site.

• You have many plugins on your site — 47 to be exact, many of them interacting with WooCommerce in some way.

• And so the combination of so many plugins and your own theme on your site could be influencing the ticket stock issues you are experiencing.

• The testing I recommended will help reveal if this is the case.

Please let me know what you think about these facts and if there are specific questions you have about this that I would be happy to address.

Sincerely,
    George

Russell
    Participant

I understand what you are saying but you cannot expect me to disable a live site where people are buying tickets. By disabling everything, if it worked you would just say it is something interfering with it – it would prove nothing at all and troubleshooting would be impossible.

I know lots of others have reported this issue in the past following the forums on your site and I do not see a single resolution.

I can only assume there is no solution and that it is a known bug in your system.

If you are able to help further please just say so.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Global Stock Issues’ is closed to new replies.