Getting really tired of the wrong dates showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Getting really tired of the wrong dates showing up

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Stanley
    Participant

OK, I’ve added the child theme. Still works fine.

Barry

Well, thanks for trying – I’m sorry it didn’t get us any further.

Here’s what I suggest (and it’s pretty much in line with what Brian put forward at the end of your previous topic): if we can obtain what we need to duplicate the live site we’ll be better placed to replicate on our end. On this occasion, can I recommend using Duplicator for this task?

Duplicator – WordPress Migration Plugin

If you could use that to duplicate the live site and share the resulting duplication file – which I believe will typically be a largish .zip format file – here by private reply (you would need to upload the actual .zip file to your own WordPress site or a service like Dropbox and post the URL here in the forums) we can see if we’re able to get to grips with it.

Is that possible?

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

I’m working on this now. Thank you. Duplicator keeps failing but I’ll get it to work.

V-

Barry

Awesome, I look forward to your update. If you can’t get Duplicator to work – and are comfortable doing so – a database dump complete with a zip of your wp-content directory would probably suffice instead.

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

Excellent!!! thank you so much for supporting me on this. I really appreciate it. I’ll be in touch very soon.

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi soulofyoga,

Thanks for sharing!

So if you look in Events → Settings → Display you will see that there are a number of options letting you control the date formats used by The Events Calendar.

You seem to have configured the date with year setting to D, M, g which could be expanded to:

(Three-letter day), (Three-letter month), (Hour in 12hr format without a leading zero)

So to pick a real example from your calendar, if we have an event taking place at 1pm on January 26 your configuration means the date will show as Mon, Jan, 1 – the 1 being the hour of the event, rather than the date, which would of course be somewhat confusing.

Could this be at the heart of the problem? If so it’s not really a bug or problem with The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO – it’s simply displaying the dates according to what you set up 🙂

To learn more about date formats, please check out these resources:

Does that help here?

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

That would solve one of the problems, yes. Thank you for that. The other I’m having is when you click on the event “Food and the you you love on March 6th the landing page is showing the 17th. Is there a fix for that?

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

I’m sorry March 10th shows as the 17th.

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

Also the event on the 19th opens the 20th landing page. It’s on recurring events only. There may be more I didn’t check.

Barry

Hi there!

I believe this other issue is because of your WordPress SEO/WordPress SEO Premium plugin. If you navigate to SEO → Redirects you will see a list of URLs that are configured to redirect to other URLs. One example is this URL:

/event/food-and-the-you-you-love-6-week-course/2015-03-10/

Which is configured to redirect to:

/event/food-and-the-you-you-love-6-week-course/2015-03-17/

Removing this and any other inappropriate rules ought to solve the problem. I’m guessing you were unaware of this/did not set up those rules yourself and so they were probably generated automatically by WordPress SEO. If that’s the case, perhaps you’d want to disable this functionality going forward (though I’m afraid we can’t assist with that).

Does that help?

Ryan Stanley
    Participant

That did the trick. Thank you so much for putting up with me. You guys really made my day. Thank you.

Barry

Our pleasure 🙂

At this point I’ll go ahead and close out the topic – but of course if any other issues crop up please don’t hesitate to create a new forum post and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Thanks again!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting really tired of the wrong dates showing up’ is closed to new replies.