getting fatal error message

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO getting fatal error message

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Rika
    Participant

don’t I need to include the tribe-events in the url? I don’t know the right language but something like this??

https://jccmw.org/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events:post=3130$amp:action=edit

Brook
    Participant

Oh it looks like you  might be on a multiuser site. That will change the URL slightly. Here let’s access that URL a different way. Go to your website, then go to WP-Admin > Events. You will now be viewing a giant list of events. Click Edit on one of them, any one. You will now have a URL similar to the above, it will end with “/post.php?post=SOMEID&action=edit” That ID number is the important part, change it to 3130 to access the event you’re after. Is that an edit page now?

Edit: We cross posted again! Good question Judy, but you should not need to include tribe_events in the URL. But hopefully the above steps will help get you to the proper place.

Cheers!

– Brook

Rika
    Participant

I did that. It’s a 7 week class which has ended now. The update wheel is spinning away..

Rika
    Participant

now I got:
    page isn’t working
    The JCCMW didn’t send you any message
    err_empty_response

Rika
    Participant

correction – I got into the problem event and am updating it with no recurrences. It’s barely moved the orange bar.

I also deleted the event from the DB table in the server – not sure if I should have done that??

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Judy,

I got into the problem event and am updating it with no recurrences. It’s barely moved the orange bar.

Excellent Idea. Like I said this will take hours, possibly a few days worth of them, to complete. It makes sense the bar is barely moving.

I also deleted the event from the DB table in the server – not sure if I should have done that??

I would not have done that personally. You might restore your latest backup then go update the event again and give it a few hours to move the progress bar. It does have 15k posts to delete after all. You basically only deleted the first, and most important, of the 15000.

If you are in a huge hurry or simply do not wish to restore the backup, there is one other option. It’s fast, it’s fairly clean, and it will delete the rest of the recurrences. You will need to run another SQL query:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/e5de5d2037678de0b926c307022571c5

Again you will need need to change the wp_ prefix to match your wp_7hgtawyqcd_ prefix. Like the above query mention in it’s instructions/comments, you want to make a backup before running it. So if something does go wrong, you  might need to restore your backup anyways.

It’s really up to you what you want to do at this point. You will probably see no problem side effects from running the fast delete SQL query, but there are a few theoretical scenarios where some problems can arise. My preference, just to err well on the safe side of caution, would be to restore your latest backup since you said you have daily ones, and then update the event as I originally outlined. This is the safest method, and while it can take many hours for it to finish it will not involve any SQL trickery, and thus behave exactly how WordPress was intended to.

Does that all make sense? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Rika
    Participant

It’s deleted about 3000 events. Is it really worth stopping it and doing the DB update and then doing it again?

Brook
    Participant

If it is still deleting events maybe not. I would not be surprised though if your deleting of the first post had halted the deletion process or has other unintended side-effects. The first post stores all of the data used for generating the recurrences. And while you only delete a portion of that post, I’m still not sure what will happen without all of it being present. You’re in unknown waters. Again it’s up to you though. If you want to be super safe, restoring and doing a proper cleaning is the best route. If you’re done hassling with it though, continuing down the path you’re already on could very well work out.

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘getting fatal error message’ is closed to new replies.