Getting a -1 screen when trying to publish an event with tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Getting a -1 screen when trying to publish an event with tickets

• This topic has 0 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TJ.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TJ
    Participant

Trying to update an event with tickets. Getting a blank screen with a -1. Event updates fine without tickets.

Event has a start and end of 7:30 AM.

Ticketing has a 2hr window on a single day. See ticket settings in screenshot.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/getting-a-1-screen-when-trying-to-publish-an-event-with-tickets-that-runs-past/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/getting-a-1-screen-when-trying-to-publish-an-event-with-tickets-that-runs-past/

TJ
    Participant

Anyone there?

TJ
    Participant

Hi David,

Thanks so much for reaching out!  I apologize for the delay, as most of our team was away on the team trip. and we are experiencing a high volume of threads.

In any case, as a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Before doing this, please make sure that all of your Events Calendar related plugins are up-to-date.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

TJ
    Participant

Hi. I’ll try with the default theme later tonight. Here’s some screenshots of the event on the backend.

Thanks!

TJ

Hi TJ,

So far, with the screenshots that you have provided, I am unable to replicate the issue that you are describing.

Let me know how your testing goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Stephen McGrady
    Participant

I’ve been getting the same issue. I have narrowed it down to a conflict with the WooCommerce plug-in. So, at the moment, I am unable to offer tickets for sale because deactivating the Woocommerce plugin removes the tickets from my events – the only available option is RSVP.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your feedback!  I’m not able to replicate this issue with WooCommerce.  Would you mind opening up a new thread so that we can help you troubleshoot your issue?

Thanks,

Jaime

Stephen McGrady
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

TJ
    Participant

Hi. I replaced my theme (Enfold 4.2.2) with Twenty Seventeen (1.2) and now it’s working! How do I go about figuring out what the error / conflict is?

Hi TJ,

I was able to confirm the issue with Enfold and replicate the scenario that you were describing.

I have logged a bug report for this issue and you will be notified when a fix has become available.

In the meantime, I’d recommend reaching out to Enfold to see if they have any further suggestions for you related to this issue.  Please let me know if they can provide any further assistance!

Thank you for your patience in this process.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

kaisv
    Participant

I solved this problem temporary with the following advice from enfold:

Error saving event – Events Calendar Pro + Event Tickets Pro

Meanwhile please update /enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/php/meta-box.class.php around line 262

`check_ajax_referer( 'avia_nonce_save', 'avia-save-nonce' );`

with

`if( false === check_ajax_referer( 'avia_nonce_save', 'avia-save-nonce', false ) )
            {
                 return $data;
            }`

Thanks for sharing here!

TJ- let us know if that helps!

TJ
    Participant

The Enfold fix also works for me. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Getting a -1 screen when trying to publish an event with tickets’ is closed to new replies.