Get Product instead of Ticket Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Get Product instead of Ticket Plus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Florian Kapfer
    Participant

Hi there

There are some difficulties with the simple possibilities of Event Tickets Plus. It is not easy to set minimum or maximum quantities for cards. What I am looking for is the possibility to use a dropdown to select a certain type of ticket before I can choose the amount of tickets (a minimum or maximum amount should be preset here).

Both are very easy to set in Woocommerce and it also works with the appropriate plugin to set a minimum or maximum quantity. Therefore it would be the easiest solution that after selecting an event in the calendar the Woocommerce product appears instead of the event ticket.

How can this be arranged?

Kind regards
    Florian Kapfer

Florian Kapfer
    Participant

Hi there

I found this support page https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/selling-tickets-from-the-woocommerce-products-page/ but somehow the code doesn’t seem to work. I added it to the function.php of the active child-theme, but still you are not redirected to the woocommerce prudct page, but you still get your event ticket… What do I have to change?

Florian Kapfer
    Participant

So we have used both codes and tried to display the products instead of the event tickets but unfortunately nothing happens. still the event tickets plus are displayed and not the products of woocommerce. we tried both ways here. both we tried the way over the child theme and the way to edit the tickets.php directly. if even this way does not work, then this code does not seem to work altogether…

(codes and ways we used, described here:
    https://gist.github.com/theeventscalendar/180aac35016f667d5d51
    https://gist.github.com/theeventscalendar/eedc81ba148e0346dfee
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/ )

it is very unfortunate that the usability of the plugins is so bad when even web developers can’t find solutions. In addition, the waiting times for answers here in support are long, especially if you are dealing with problems that need a quick solution.

Unfortunately, we can no longer use these plugins. I hope we can find another alternative. And we hope that we can get our money back for the plugins. Please give us a contact person for this.

Regards
    Flo

Cliff

Hi, Flo. Thanks for your detailed messages. I did some digging and this is what I found out:

• The functionality looks like it got implemented, but the logic isn’t there so it really didn’t
    • So we updated the code to back it out because it wasn’t ready for release
    • But somehow that chunk of code didn’t fully get merged into the release like it was supposed to
    • I compared their pull request vs what’s in the current plugin code — and double-checked with our developers — and it turns out that chunk of code got merged in one place but not the other (the one that makes it to the .zip files that get released to users)

Therefore, going forward, know that we have this functionality — the ability to limit the allowed purchase quantity per ticket — as a logged feature request, but it’s not currently available. The idea is to allow limiting the allowed purchase quantity per ticket or per event, per logged-in user.

Please add your vote to https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/18616273-limit-rsvp-or-woocommerce-ticket-registration-to-o

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Florian Kapfer
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I know customers can be stressful. It’s depressing when you have to read comments from users who are dissatisfied. We’re sorry about that, because we know the other side and know how hard it is to be pointed out to all possible errors in the code – a never-ending construction site.
    Due to the urgent deadline, we have now decided to continue working with another solution. Last but not least it is the interaction of different components (cms, theme, woocommerce, event tickets) that cause problems here – but unfortunately we cannot fix them all in the given time. But thanks for the support.

regards
    Flo

Cliff

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Flo.

We do plan to add this functionality but not in the near-term.

If applicable, please complete our Refund Request Form and link back to this thread for reference.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions about this topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Get Product instead of Ticket Plus’ is closed to new replies.