GeoMashup or WP Geo to plot all events on a map

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO GeoMashup or WP Geo to plot all events on a map

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

I’m trying to find the easiest way to plot all events in ECP onto a Google Map. Ideally the map would be interactive, but even a static map will work at this point.

Can GeoMashup be used for this?

After digging into some older posts it seems like Geo Mashup used to work with ECP and would have solved my problem.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-maps-with-all-events/
    http://pastie.org/3730610

Josh
    Participant

Hello Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you tried using the GeoMashup plugin to see if it gives you the functionality that you’re looking for?

If that doesn’t quite fit, you could accomplish this with some custom development by using the Google Maps API and set markers based on the latitude and longitude metadata (“_VenueLat”, “_VenueLng” ) that is saved for each event with a venue defined.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope these suggestions can point you in the right direction in getting the functionality you need set up.

Let me know if you’re able to get this set up how you’re wanting.

Thanks!

Tony Ash
    Participant

I installed the GeoMashup plugin but I’m not sure how to point it at the ECP event posts to gather the geo data. Any ideas or help pointing me in the right direction here is much appreciated!

Josh
    Participant

Hello Tony,

I took a look at the Geo Mashup plugin and it looks like there is now a setting within the “Overall” tab within the plugins settings page that allows you to define the post types that the meta box displays for. Select “events” within that list and you’ll have the ability to use the events with the Geo Mashup plugin.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket since support for Geo Mashup isn’t covered here. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘GeoMashup or WP Geo to plot all events on a map’ is closed to new replies.