Gallery in community events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Gallery in community events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mastafu
    Participant

My second question is about a gallery.

I have checked your community events demo, and I don’t find option to add gallery. Either via add media button in WYSWIG editor or dedicated fields.

My question is. Did you turn it off for security reasons?
    Can Add Media button be enabled ?

If I use gallery created with ACF, will it be visible in front-end view while adding events by users ?

Barry

Hi mastafu – since it sounds like this question related to Community Events I’m going to move it across to that forum so our expert there can assist.

Thanks!

mastafu
    Participant

Ok, sorry for posting here. I’ve started with Pro and forgot to change this one to Community Events.

Casey
    Participant

Mastafu,
    Yes, the Media Uploader (with Gallery functionality) is turned off in Community for security reasons, since we don’t want just anyone uploading files directly to your media library.

If this is something you require, please feel free to suggest it as a feature for a future release of Community on our User Voice page.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

mastafu
    Participant

How about my second question ? Will my ACF fields be visible, like they are right now in admin area.

Can I do a quick hack to show media button, I am afraid I need it very much.

Casey
    Participant

Mastafu,
    Thanks for following up, and so sorry I missed that second question!

I’m not familiar with the ACF plugin, but depending on how they’ve implemented the button it is possible that it would display.

In this thread, one of our other users had an issue with buttons not displaying in the Visual Editor on the Community Submission Form, which turned out to be an issue with how the buttons were implemented in the plugin.

My suggestion would be to reach out to the plugin author, or examine the plugin code closely, to determine how they’ve implemented buttons in the Visual Editor.

Thanks!

mastafu
    Participant

And how about custom fields from WordPress?
    How about email with hack to enable media button? Can you support me on this ?

Casey
    Participant

Mastafu,
    If you’re needing Custom Fields on your Community Submission form (and you have EC Pro), you can just add them from your WP Dashboard by going to Events->Settings->Additional Fields.

These custom fields will show up with all Events, as well as showing up on your Community Submission form under ‘Additional Fields’: http://d.pr/i/nMgE

Regarding the Media Uploader, since that would be a Customization we unfortunately can’t support that functionality. If you’re really needing some Customizations, we can refer you to some (trusted) Freelancers who can do this type of work for you.

Hope that helps! Thanks!

mastafu
    Participant

No I don’t want customization but default feature, which you remowed. That is different thing.

Casey
    Participant

Mastafu,
    I’ll reach out to our developers to get their feedback to see if something like this is possible. Please stand by.

mastafu
    Participant

Thank you, waiting then for more info on that. This is critical thing for me.
    First thing would be to enable media button, and then I would subbmit request for a feature to design simple system for jailing users files in its own categories plus add make sure user can upload olny jpgs and pngs (but that is I guess already filtered out in WP)

Casey
    Participant

Mastafu,
    I reached out to one of our developers and this was his response:

“This is not easily possible. The media uploader depends so much on admin Javascript and templates, etc.

It is a security issue. The media UI doesn’t really provide much room for filtering capabilities.”

I know that’s definitely not the answer you were looking for, but it looks like there are some security and technical concerns with implementing this for anonymous users.

So sorry! I wish I could help further, but it looks like this just isn’t possible in the current release.

Thanks!

mastafu
    Participant

So can I test Community Events with ACF based gallery ? before I buy it ?

Casey
    Participant

Mastafu,
    Yes, you can see the Community add-on with Events Calendar PRO in action on our demo site here: http://wpshindig.com/events/

You can register and submit Events via the Community add-on by visiting this URL: http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add

Hope that helps! Just let me know if you have further questions.

mastafu
    Participant

No, it does not. I want to test drive it properly. Basic demo did not show me, that I can’t add gallery to a event. Something very basic that all plugins of all sort have …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Gallery in community events’ is closed to new replies.