Loading Visual editor in Add Event screen

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Loading Visual editor in Add Event screen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    elmalak
    Participant

Hi,
    I am working on a site which uses Event Calendar Pro and Community Events, and things are going smoothly and nicely, however, I am faced with an issue that I need your help with.
    In the backend I’ve installed a plugin that allows us to use .gpx data for plotting the starting and end points of each event and this happens via a button that gets added to the Visual editor that appears in the WP back-end in the Edit event screen.

However, when users try to do this from the Front-end using the Community events, this button doesn’t appear and I am getting the default WP visual editor.

So, I need your help to show the custom buttons in my visual editor and make this functionality available to registered users.

Many thanks,
    Mamdouh

Casey
    Participant

Mamdouh,
    We’re significantly re-working how templating works in the next release of Community (which is days away at this point), and I’m hoping that this release might address your issue. Would you mind testing this when it’s released and let us know if the issue still persists? If so, then we can log it with our developers at that time.

Thanks!

elmalak
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thank you for our prompt response.
    That sounds very good, I hope it helps and I will let you know once I try it as soon as the update is available.
    Mamdouh

Casey
    Participant

Thanks!

elmalak
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Any updates on the new release for community events?
    You said it would be just days away,and I am still waiting as my project depends on that.

Thanks,

Casey
    Participant

This reply is private.

elmalak
    Participant

HI Casey,
    I’ve just updated to the new version for Community events, and I see the Visual editor is still showing as it used to be, nothing has changed here like we hoped!

I just need to load the same visual editor that I can see in the back-end, can you please, help me with that as my project depends largely on this point?

Many thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Elmalak,
    Sorry that this latest update didn’t get you what you needed. I’ll reach out to one of our developers to see if what you’re wanting to do is possible. Please stand by. Thanks!

elmalak
    Participant

Thanks Casey,
    I really look forward to a positive response regarding this issue as it’s very important for my project.

Elmalak

Casey
    Participant

Elmalak,
    After talking with our developers, they pointed me to this tutorial for adding buttons to the WP editor: http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/theme-development/guide-to-creating-your-own-wordpress-editor-buttons/

After following the tutorial, I was able to add buttons to the Community Front-end editor with no problems. It’s possible that the plugin you’re using isn’t following best practices in this regard, which is why the button isn’t displaying on your Community form.

Hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Also, here’s a link to the code that was produced by following the tutorial: http://d.pr/f/FCFP

elmalak
    Participant

Thank you for pointing out this tutorial but I really don’t think the problem is with the plugin I am trying to use but rather with the community events as the button I’m looking to have in the Visual editor appears on every edit screen except yours and here are screenshots for that.
    Add post:
    http://screencast.com/t/HiIBTV0jNYUH
    Add page:
    http://screencast.com/t/Eb7r2xNGMzhY
    Add event( the back-end):
    http://screencast.com/t/mlGrbRjc
    Community event:
    http://screencast.com/t/ZimWY6EdxOVp

The buttons I’m highlighting are one made by the plugin in question and the other is a short-codes made by the theme itself, so it’s not just the plugin but rather all custom buttons not appearing in the Community events Visual editor.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

That’s understandable, but I was able to follow that tutorial above and add custom buttons to the visual editor with no issues, which shows me that Community Events is able to display custom Visual Editor buttons on the front-end with no issues.

It’s possible those plugins/theme have some conditional code that is preventing the buttons from displaying on the front-end.

As this sounds like more advanced custom functionality, that’s unfortunately all the support I’ll be able to provide. I would suggest following that tutorial that I provided and attempting to add the buttons that way. Good luck!

elmalak
    Participant

Well, I see but I kind of disagree here as I’ve tried adding another plugin, Viper’s Video Quicktags which added 5 new buttons to the visual editor in the back-end and nothing in the community events Visual editor.

So, it seems like your plugin is using some kind of a custom editor not the default WordPress one.
    All I am asking for is an option add the common WordPress visual editor that appears everywhere on the back-end to the front-end of the Community events.

Thanks.

elmalak
    Participant

I am sorry but I still not convinced with what you’re trying to say.
    All plugins and the theme I’m using have a problem or coding preventing the buttons from being displayed?
    Don’t you think that’s kind of strange and doesn’t make sense?

Can you tell me of a plugin that I can try to install and will show its buttons in the visual editor used by Community Events, just to prove your point?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Loading Visual editor in Add Event screen’ is closed to new replies.