Future events show "This Event has passed."

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Future events show "This Event has passed."

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jaapstronks
    Participant

See for example: https://www.erasmusmagazine.nl/event/warmetruiendag/ It’s on 5 February 2016 and displays “This Event has passed.” What could cause this?

jaapstronks
    Participant

This is true for all future events.

Nico

Hey @jaapstronks,

Thanks for reaching out! Strange to hear about this issue, we will have to trouble shoot the site a bit because I’m not sure what might be affecting this.

Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.

Please let me know about the test results,
    Best,
    Nico

jaapstronks
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

jaapstronks
    Participant

1) No change
    2) Interesting. Timezone was “Amsterdam”. When I set it to UTC the banner disappeared. Setting it back to “Amsterdam” made the banner reappear. Under “Timezone Settings” in TEC settings There was a button prompting me to add timezone information to all events. So I did that. It reported success, but the banner is still visible. Timezone mode is set to “Use the local timezones for each event”. Now when I edit an individual event and change the timezone to UTC the banner remains visible.
    3) No change

The change was brought to my attention on 27 January. Was there an update from you guys on 27 Jan? I didn’t change anything here and am not aware of changes someone els might have made.

Nico

Thanks for the testing 🙂

Instead of using ‘Amsterdam’ can you try to use UTC +1 (which I see is the correct timezone for Amsterdam)? And also change the timezone mode to “Use the sitewide timezone everywhere”.

Let’s see if this fixes the issue for you! Hopefully we can find a workaround and then investigate a bit more to log the bug.

Thanks one again,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

jaapstronks
    Participant

Yes, this seems to be a workaround for now.

Nico

Stocked to hear this works for now, hopefully this get’s you out of the rush on the live website!

Before I log this bug in the backlog I would like to confirm this is also happening if you select another city like for example Paris. Does it present the same behavior like it showed with Amsterdam? Does the information in the WP-Admin > Settings > General > Timezone shows up correctly (https://cloudup.com/cIcMdaV3SfW)?

Thanks a lot for helping us narrow this issue down,
    Best,
    Nico

jaapstronks
    Participant
    Nico

Thanks for the additional testing @jaapstronks! I’ll log this bug an hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Do you think there’s anything else I can do for you?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

jaapstronks
    Participant

I’ll mark this as resolved and keep an eye out for future changelogs

Nico

Perfect! Thanks @jaapstronks.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Future events show "This Event has passed."’ is closed to new replies.