Full calendar feed in ical

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Full calendar feed in ical

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    crystalbridges
    Participant

We are using the Events Calendar Pro’s ical feed to populate a mobile applications calendar. For some reason I am no longer able to pull a feed with the full calendar’s events. I am able to pull 6 from the list view feed, and the entire months from the month view feed. But I can’ t pull all events.

I tried what was written in this thread, but it still only pulled 6 events:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/link-for-full-calendar-ical-import/

I have been looking at the urls for feeds as well to try and figure something out.

/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=list
    /events/upcoming/?ical=1&tribe_display=list
    /events/month/?ical=1&tribe_display=month

Casey D

Hello crystalbridges,

Was there a time when you were able to pull all of the updates? I’m investigating this further to find more info.

– Casey Driscoll

crystalbridges
    Participant

Yes, in my downloads folder I have ical feeds from April that had full lists. I know we upgraded both the free version and pro a little while back, but I’m not sure when. I haven’t changed any core files except for one widget view file.

Casey D

Hello crystalbridges,

We may have accidentally overridden it, as it isn’t a fully developed feature.

You simply want to be able to get an ical of *all* events, correct? Previously you were doing this with /events?ical=1

I’ll check to see if a previous version did this and when.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

crystalbridges
    Participant

All future events would solve it.

I know at one time I used: /events/?ical=1&tribe_display=list
    But this pulls in 6 events as well.

Casey D

From my tests, it looks like version 3.4 was the last time this worked.

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the difficulties!

In the immediate time frame, if you wanted to roll back to 3.4 (both versions I believe) you will be able to grab the ical file and revert back.

I will be looking into another code based workaround and we will try to get a fix for this in a future release.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

crystalbridges
    Participant

Thanks for responding. I will throw the site on a test server and revert to 3.4 of everything. If you come across a workaround I’d love to hear about it.

Casey D

Hello crystalbridges,

After working with the devs they believe the original 3.4 ‘feature’ was in fact a fluke, and they functionality we have now is preferred.

But here is a work around!

https://gist.github.com/caseypatrickdriscoll/20e7f714b90cd8c56d56

I’m supposed to make clear:

• If they have a very large number of events this could be asking for trouble
    • The iCal feed URL must relate to the upcoming events view – that’s to say, if their main events view is month view and they simply take the iCal link on that page and change ical=1 to ical=all this won’t work

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello crystalbridges,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Full calendar feed in ical’ is closed to new replies.